POST BOTOX AND CHANGES IN MENSTRUATION!

Find support and treatment options from participants and Maze Women’s Health staff.

Home Forums Vaginismus Support Group Vaginismus Post-Procedure POST BOTOX AND CHANGES IN MENSTRUATION!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Xynabu
    Participant

I have botox treatment on 21st of May, 2013. And was able to achieve penetration in july. In the past, My period has always been regular, i.e 6days period with steady flow of 4-5 days and brown discharge on the last day. But for the last 3months (after botox) my period has completely change, it’s now a light flow of dark brown bleeding on the first two days and dark spotting in the remaining days. It ‘s also prolonged now from 6days to 8days. Could it be because of the botox treatment?? I’m confuse, why brown bleeding and prolonged spotting instead of period?

Heather34
    Participant

Hi Xynabu. I think it’s wonderful that you were able to achieve penetration in July – huge Congrats.

Concerning your question regarding Botox and Change in Menstruation, Dr. Pacik has written a Blog (http://www.vaginismusmd.com/missed-menses-before-or-after-botox-treatment-for-vaginismus/) and indicates:
    “The Botox used in our treatment program does not have a direct effect on you or prevent you from having a cycle.”

I can only speak for myself but I noticed no difference whatsoever in my period from pre-procedure to post-procedure. I still have the same length of period as well as the same heavy flow that I’ve always had.

Ladies, what additional advise do you have for Xynabu here?

Xynabu
    Participant

Thankyou Heather. I’m so happy that vaginismus is now history. But am worried about my period now.

Heather34
    Participant

Hi Xynabu. I’m so, so happy for you as well. Dr. Pacik has noted that Botox does not have an effect on the menstrual cycle. Sometimes old blood simply gets evacuated and the color is dark brown as you stated. I, too, achieved penetration on July 4th (2011), just 7 days post-procedure and now every July is so, so special for us. :):):)

Xynabu
    Participant

🙂 🙂 YEAH Heather!! July is now very special. Thanks for all your responses.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.