PARTICIPATION OF PARTNER ?

Find support and treatment options from participants and Maze Women’s Health staff.

Home Forums Vaginismus Support Group Vaginismus Dilating PARTICIPATION OF PARTNER ?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Macgomes
    Participant

Hello everyone,,
    In a recent thread, Melissa mentioned the benefits of PT in addition to dilation. She writes:

“Something to consider as an alternative or in addition to dilation is pelvic floor physical therapy. Pelvic Floor Physical therapists are trained to work with patients who are experiencing pelvic pain and muscle tension. They will do internal and external exercises with you, as well as help with the dilators.”

For anyone trying this, have you brought your partner to the sessions with you? If so, how was the experience? For the Maze team, do you see a lot of partner participation with your different treatments in overcoming vaginismus?

For me personally, this was very hard to wrap my head around while undergoing the Botox treatment program and getting used to practicing with using the dilators after. I then talked to Dr. Pacik as well as the whole treatment team and saw the benefits of having my hubby right there with me. For me, it helped me to trust him that much more and, for him, it helped him to witness and know that something could be inside of me pain-free and without our normal experiences of resistance/hitting the wall/extreme burning pain with all attempts at insertion.

jkennedy
    Participant

Hi Macgomes,

This is such a good question! I did not go through the Maze program. However, I have been using a Pelvic PT. My pelvic PT suggested that I get my partner involved at home when I’m using the dilators.

So, I did that for the first time last week. He has never come with me to a Pelvic PT appointment, though. When we worked together with dilators, I first showed him how I was using them (because up until this point, I did it by myself without showing him). For the next step, I had him use the small dilator and insert it inside of me. I talked him through going slowly and pausing when I asked him to. We worked our way up to the next two size dilators. I had been using the dilators for a good 3 months before we did it together. It definitely was a good experience as I felt I had to give over control to my boyfriend and I had to work on being open and receiving.

Let me know if you have any other questions about this. Wishing you much love and blessings on your journey.

Macgomes
    Participant

Hi Macgomes,

This is such a good question! I did not go through the Maze program. However, I have been using a Pelvic PT. My pelvic PT suggested that I get my partner involved at home when I’m using the dilators.

So, I did that for the first time last week. He has https://xnxx.onl/ never come with me to a Pelvic PT appointment, though. When we worked together with dilators, I first showed him how I was using them (because up until this point, I did it by myself without showing him). https://xvideos.onl/ For the next step, I had him use the small dilator and insert it inside of me. I talked him through going slowly and pausing when I asked him to. We worked our way up to the next two size dilators. I had been using the dilators for a good 3 months before we https://chaturbate.onl/ did it together. It definitely was a good experience as I felt I had to give over control to my boyfriend and I had to work on being open and receiving.

Let me know if you have any other questions about this. Wishing you much love and blessings on your journey.
    ______________________________________________________________________________________________
    Thank you i hope it give you some good idea,….

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.