Overcoming fear of the dilators

Find support and treatment options from participants and Maze Women’s Health staff.

Home Forums Vaginismus Support Group Vaginismus Dilating Overcoming fear of the dilators

Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    Heather34
    Participant

Hi tiffa. I believe the inconsistency that you describe with dilation is because you are new and beginning at it for the first time. Here is a post that also describes the roller-coaster ride that is dilating immediately after Dr. Pacik’s procedure:

http://www.vaginismusmd.com/vaginismus-md-forum/?mingleforumaction=viewtopic&t=635

Please know that you are not alone with any of this and we are all here to support you. I look forward to reading more of your posts. Sending hugs!

Nakitalab
    Participant

Hi Tiffa, you are doing awesome. Remember that it isn’t a race and to be kind and listen to your body. Dr. Pacik’s dilating schedule really works and you are doing amazing in such a short amount of time! Dilating (no matter what the size) on a regular basis for one to two hours a day will really help. You are doing great!

Heather34
    Participant
    Quote:
    Quote from Bitesize on August 15, 2013, 11:31
    …I think the most important thing to remember is that no matter how impossible it seems, they’re definitely not as scary as they look first time round and once you’re used to them you forget how much anxiety they initially caused. I always try to remind myself that this thing is beatable and it will never be bigger than me!

This is such a wonderful and inspirational post. I recall being so nervous pre-procedure about the whole concept of dilating and it took me going through it and actually doing it to know that I could. For anyone who also feels anxiety concerning dilating, please know that it IS possible to do and you will see amazing changes in your body by using vaginal dilators. For me, they helped me both physically (stretching my vagina prior to intercourse) and mentally (I know longer associated insertion w/pain and became used to the feel of having a dilator inside of me and it helped to reduce so much anxiety prior to intercourse).

Ladies, what have been your own experiences in overcoming the fear of vaginal dilators???

Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.