One Week – Attempt at tip only

Find support and treatment options from participants and Maze Women’s Health staff.

Home Forums Vaginismus Support Group Vaginismus Post-Procedure One Week – Attempt at tip only

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    K Howard
    Participant

I had my procedure last week Monday and my husband and I decided to try tip only this morning since we are both still off from work right now. Well I had slept with the number 4 glass dilator last night and woke up before him this morning so that I could have the #5 glass dilator in for an hour before we tried. Well, something definitely went in but neither of us are too sure how much/how far but when he pulled away it felt like that last little part of the dilator does when it’s coming out. Although a very very small success, we’re still looking at it positively and will try again. We ended up trying various positions to try and get it right. Does anyone have any tips on positions that worked form them when attempting tip only or intercourse?

Heather34
    Participant

Hi Karla. CONGRATS on this important first step!!! This is wonderful. The best position that my husband and I have found that works for us is the “doggy-style” / from behind position as this does not allow “leg-lock” such that the standard missionary position does. We have also found that the edge of the bed position seems to work well too. The thing that really helped me prior to first time intercourse was dilating for a couple of hours in advance with the largest blue dilator (“pure romance”) and having my husband actually remove it and insert himself right in. Also, in several of the other posts, some of the forum members have had successful intercourse in the morning after they have slept with the dilators (stretching the muscles all night prior). Hope this helps!!!

K Howard
    Participant

Thank you Heather! I appreciate all of these wonderful tips. I will be sure to let you know things go once we try these out. Thanks again!

mmbayles91
    Participant

I had to be on top to insert it at first, and that was easiest for me. Best of luck to you both!!!

K Howard
    Participant

Thank you mmbayles91! Will try that one as well.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.