October 23rd Treatment

Find support and treatment options from participants and Maze Women’s Health staff.

Home Forums Vaginismus Support Group Vaginismus General October 23rd Treatment

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    Nakitalab
    Participant

Thank you so much K Howard. Took an anti-anxiety pill a little while ago. Ellen said I could so that I can sleep tonight. I board the shuttle to the airport at 8:00 am tomorrow and get into Manchester at 10pm. My little sister from Oregon is flying to be with me and we meet up in Denver and will fly together to Manchester. All day today when my mind wandered to think about Tuesday my legs instantly clamped shut. It has been such a wonderful encouragement that you and the others have given to me. Words can’t express how much I appreciate it. I won’t have a computer with me so not sure if I will be able to post after my treatment. But promise to give you an update when I have access. Thanks again!

Allie
    Participant

Hey:)
    I can’t imagine suffering as long as you have. You have already proved that you are one, strong amazing woman for enduring this for so long! We have treatment the same day. I too am dealing with these negative, anxious thoughts. We can and we will overcome! I can’t wait to meet you! I’ll be praying for both of us!:)

Philippians 4:6-7
    The Message (MSG)
    6-7 Don’t fret or worry. Instead of worrying, pray. Let petitions and praises shape your worries into prayers, letting God know your concerns. Before you know it, a sense of God’s wholeness, everything coming together for good, will come and settle you down. It’s wonderful what happens when Christ displaces worry at the center of your life.

Nakitalab
    Participant

Thank you for the encouragment, Allie. I just can’t seem to pick my self up. I’m really looking forward to meeting you too.

lsmith
    Participant

You will do great!!!! After the procedure you will have such confidence. I can’t really explain it, but the days following the procedure I began to feel more like a complete woman. I looked at other women, and thought, wow….. this is what it feels like to be almost normal. To not have worry in my head and look at other women with a tinge of jealousy. No more secrets!!!!! God grants us what we need when we need it. Your time is now coming. You will do great and will be an inspiration for other women too!!!!!!! Thinking about you and praying for you.

K Howard
    Participant

Nakitalab…I have re-read your post several times. My heart truly goes out to you because the last few weeks I have had some of these same feelings on and off…yesterday being a really rough day for me. While I have been blessed and fortunate to receive this procedure, some days are hard on me emotionally. I read this yesterday and have been re-reading it throughout today. I really hope it can start to bring you some comfort. It is from Joyce Meyer:

Where You Are Weak, He Is Strong

Weak or strong? If you had to pick one of those words to describe yourself, which one would it be? I think most of us would probably say ‘weak.’ But did you know that we don’t have to remain defeated by our weaknesses?

The only way to overcome your weakness is to rely on God’s strength. To do that, you have to stop focusing on your weaknesses. You cannot look at everything you are not. You must look at everything God is. Focus on His strength and all He is willing to do for you.

The weaknesses of the world are not your inheritance. Jesus did not come to earth, die on the cross, and rise again on the third day for you to be weak and defeated. He went through all that to give you an inheritance, authority in this life and His strength to rule over your circumstances.

In any area where you stumble, God is ready and willing to provide you with His strength. So the next time you find yourself confronted by your weakness, remember and declare that where you are weak, He is strong!

Prayer Starter: God, I declare and confess that where I am weak, You are strong. So I will not worry about, or remain defeated by, my weakness. Instead, I put my faith in Your strength.

Dr. Pacik
    Participant

I am very much looking forward to meeting you and Allie. We have two wonderful women who will be treated the same day. I know from many others this is an excruciating time for you. EVERY patient thinks they are the one who will fail. That the odds are insurmountable. Totally not true. My attitude is that I don’t allow my patients to fail and I will do everything possible for success.
    I emailed you and Allie and I feel strongly this will be a turning point for you both. Allow the women posting on the Forum to give you strength, this is the wonder of this Forum.

Heather34
    Participant

Hi Nakita and Allie. I know you will both do so great next week!!!
    “My advice to help with any pre-procedure anxiety”
    I have just so much advice here. I promise to try not to write a book but I love to write (lol). I can’t guarantee it will be organized but are just all of my thoughts at this very moment. TRUST IN GOD … with God all things are possible!!! Believe in yourself and your strength as a woman – look at every single thing you have gone through in your life and have succeeded and come out on top. Draw strength and confidence from this and KNOW you WILL succeed!!! To pull yourself out of any sadness or feelings of negativity, take it one day at a time and celebrate even the smallest successes. Just like anything, practice this over and over and over and it will truly work to make you feel better and more positive. Lean on the one you are with and ask for their help during this time and the time you both will be here … it will be a life-changing experience for them as well and they will be right by your side. Trust in Dr. Pacik and the staff … you are in absolutely amazing hands and they will take good, good care of you. From the moment that my husband and I walked in to the surgi-center, we felt welcome and they all go out of their way to reduce your anxiety and make you feel almost like family. I was very, very nervous prior to my procedure and was given IV Verced (anti-anxiety medication) and, after taking this, I don’t remember a thing at all until I woke up from the procedure. Knowing that I could take this in advance also just made me feel so, so much better. For a distraction, try to treat your trip like a vacation as well and find things to look forward to seeing and doing here. Finally, as hard as it is, allow yourself to let go and trust in God and the entire procedure and process. I believe in you guys and know you will do GREAT!

Allie
    Participant

Thank you so much Heather! I will probably read your post everyday to keep reminding me! 🙂

Nakitalab
    Participant

Heather, thank you so much for your encouragement. Like, Allie, I will read it every day as a reminder. And thank you K Howard for your encouraging words as well. And I want you to know that I am here for you when you get those sad, negative feelings. We don’t have to go through this alone anymore and I totally want to make myself available to anyone who wants someone to share, vent, cry, yell and celebrate successes with. I will keep you in my prayers as well. If you feel comfortable I would be more than happy to share my e-mail address with you. Thanks again for taking time out and sharing your feelings and I will definitely read Joyce Meyer’s inspiring words daily, especially when those old feelings rear their ugly head up. Big hug to you K. Howard.

K Howard
    Participant

Nakitalab you are very welcome and thank you for the virtual hug 🙂 I have been praying for both you and Allie all week and just know that the two of you will do just fine on Monday! I wish you both (and everyone else) the very best and can’t wait for you two to share your progress afterwards!

Nakitalab
    Participant

Thank you so much K Howard. Took an anti-anxiety pill a little while ago. Ellen said I could so that I can sleep tonight. I board the shuttle to the airport at 8:00 am tomorrow and get into Manchester at 10pm. My little sister from Oregon is flying to be with me and we meet up in Denver and will fly together to Manchester. All day today when my mind wandered to think about Tuesday my legs instantly clamped shut. It has been such a wonderful encouragement that you and the others have given to me. Words can’t express how much I appreciate it. I won’t have a computer with me so not sure if I will be able to post after my treatment. But promise to give you an update when I have access. Thanks again!

Heather34
    Participant

Hi Nakita. I’ve been thinking of and praying for you and Allie and your upcoming treatments and I just KNOW that you will both do wonderful. The leg-clamping thing is entirely normal and something that I experienced in advance of my own procedure as well because of my anxiety. Dr. Pacik and the wonderful staff in the office are well-trained with all of this and go above and beyond in helping you to fully relax. I can promise you that I was one of the most nervous patients in advance of my own procedure and, upon arrival to the office, my husband and I were both made to feel so much more relaxed and we were well taken care of throughout. We’re all here for you both and KNOW that you will do so, so good and this procedure will be life-changing for all!!! :):):):)

K Howard
    Participant

You’re very welcome Nakitalab…I’m so glad that you will have the support of your sister there with you as you make this journey. As Heather has said, I know that you will do well with this procedure. Once you get there, Dr. Pacik and the staff wastes no time in making you feel right at home and part of the family. They are all very genuine and really do want the best for all of us that come in that office. Even when you are anxious and nervous, they always seem to know the right words to say to help you calm down and work through whatever it is that is happening at the time. Trust and be patient with yourself. If there is one thing that I’ve learned about this is that it is truly a journey – it is not a sprint . It is also important to celebrate the small victories/accomplishments that you make and remember that we all travel this journey at our own pace. I can’t wait to hear all of your wonderful news!

Nakitalab
    Participant

My sister and I just got checked in. It’s been a long travel day. Tired but too anxious to sleep. So very thankful for all the encouragement. Thank you for saying it is not a sprint but a journey and that everyone’s journey is at our own pace. I have been stressed that I may not have the success that others have had or as quickly. What you wrote made me feel much better. Will touch base tomorrow afternoon.

K Howard
    Participant

Nakitalab…yes, it definitely sounds like you’ve had quite a day full of traveling. Thankful for a safe trip for you and your sister. Hopefully you will be able to get some rest. You are very welcome and please know that we are all rooting for you (and Allie) for your procedure in the morning. I did the same thing (especially this second time around with the procedure) in over thinking how I compared or measured up to the others. While I truly celebrated the victories of everyone around me each time, I really did have to continuously remind myself not to compare. Praying for you both as I turn in soon for the night.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.