new user…hi everyone!

Find support and treatment options from participants and Maze Women’s Health staff.

Home Forums Vaginismus Support Group Vaginismus General new user…hi everyone!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    hope1212
    Participant

Hi everyone –

Like so many women who have posted on this forum, I too suffered from vaginismus for so long. At 25 years old, I had never used tampons, never had a successful gyn exam, and never had sex. I had been dating my boyfriend (now fiance!) for almost 8 years without ever being able to have sex. Any time we tried, my legs would be so tense and would “lock up” and it really did feel like he was just hitting a brick wall. I had such severe anxiety about it and we basically just stopped trying. We got to a point in our relationship where we both wanted to move forward with our lives together and get married, but it just seemed impossible when I knew that I was physically unable to have sex. I felt like such a freak and I was so embarrassed that I couldn’t talk to any of my friends about it, especially since all my friends just assumed we were having sex since we had been together for so long. I saw a sex/relationship therapist for about 6 months, but that got me no where. She kept telling me I needed to start using the smallest dilator, but even that was literally impossible for me.

My boyfriend had read an article online about Dr. Pacik and his procedure and that was always in the back of our minds as I was not getting any more successful in overcoming my vaginismus. Finally, last September, I decided to contact Dr. Pacik to find out more about the procedure. THANK GOD I DID! I had my procedure on December 12, and it seriously changed and saved my life. I was SO extremely anxious about the entire thing, but Dr. Pacik and his staff really make the whole thing so easy. I did have some trouble dilating at first, but once I got used to it, I was totally fine. Tampons are such a piece of cake for me now and I successfully had a gyn exam a few weeks after my procedure. And one month after my procedure, my boyfriend and I were finally able to have sex! It is SO amazing to me how far I have come in 7 months. This time last year, I honestly thought I would lose the love of my life because of my vaginismus, and now, thanks to Dr. Pacik, my boyfriend and I are planning our wedding and for the first time in my life, I actually have hope that I can one day have children.

Anyone who is thinking about having Dr. Pacik’s procedure really should do it. It is the best thing I could have done for my life. I really think that my anxiety levels couldn’t have been any higher, so if I can do it, anyone can do it! For me, it was not a total cake-walk: there were days where I would still be frustrated or would have some trouble dilating, but you just have to push through it. We can all do it – we just needed a little help from Dr. Pacik! 🙂

Allie
    Participant

Thank you SO much for posting this. It’s so encouraging to read stories like yours! Congratulations on your upcoming wedding. 🙂

Heather34
    Participant

Hi hope1212. Welcome to the forum and thank you for your post. You wrote: “It is SO amazing to me how far I have come in 7 months. This time last year, I honestly thought I would lose the love of my life because of my vaginismus, and now, thanks to Dr. Pacik, my boyfriend and I are planning our wedding and for the first time in my life, I actually have hope that I can one day have children.” This is so wonderful to read and inspiring for future patients. Congrats on your tremendous successes and your upcoming wedding.

Dr. Pacik
    Participant

Hope, thank you so much for your post. It is so important for the veterans to continue posting so that others gain the knowledge and as your name indicates to give “hope” to others. As we all know, we stand on the shoulders of those who came before us. This is progress and what makes the world a better place. My very best for your upcoming wedding.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.