natural vaginal moisturizer

Find support and treatment options from participants and Maze Women’s Health staff.

Home Forums Vaginismus Support Group Vaginismus Aids natural vaginal moisturizer

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Elizabeth
    Participant

I use prescription ‘Vagifem’ suppositories twice a week. I’m looking for a natural vaginal moisturizer as I’m VERY sensitive to over the counter lubes and think I’d have the same problem with vaginal moisturizers too i.e.) Replens. I’m using Pure Coconut Oil now as a lube to use with my dilators and love it! I’ve heard that Vit. E. capsules and aloe vera gels are good. Has anyone tried these?

Elizabeth
    Participant

The Vagifem is an estrogen suppository that I use for vaginal dryness but want to find a moisturizer that I can use in conjunction with it…..I’m reluctant to try Replens just now.

Allie
    Participant

I haven’t tried any of those but I am also very sensitive to lubes. I use “Slippery Stuff” and have had no problems with it. It does not burn at all.

Heather34
    Participant

Hi Elizabeth. The Pure Coconut Oil is an excellent lube. While I haven’t tried them personally, I think both the Vitamin E and Aloe Vera gels may be good to use as a vagianl moisturizer in addition to the lube. Another option is a product called Emerita Personal Moisturizer with both of the ingredients of Vitamin E and Aloe Vera. http://www.amazon.com/Emerita-Personal-Moisturizer-Vitamin-4-Ounce/dp/B001F0QV5M

Hope this helps and let us know. :):):)

Elizabeth
    Participant

Thanks Allie & Heather! Unfortunately I’m not able to use Slippery Stuff…..glad it works well for you though Allie! Heather, I will check out “Emerita.” Thanks for the tip 🙂

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.