my story and success

Find support and treatment options from participants and Maze Women’s Health staff.

Home Forums Vaginismus Support Group Vaginismus Success Stories my story and success

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    PomPom
    Participant

It took me a while to finally post something but my story goes back to when I was 15 and couldn’t use tampons (I am now 21). I went two gynecologists who couldn’t examine me because I got such bad leg lock on the examination table. The second doctor said that although he could not examine me, he would put me under anesthesia to perform a hymenectomy because he thought that was probably the problem. However, even after the surgery I still couldn’t use a tampon and when I went back to the doctor he was still unable to examine me due to my anxiety. I then switched doctors to someone who was more patient, and through a lot of crying, screaming, and patience I could undergo an examination. She told me everything was normal and I should be able to use a tampon. 5 years later (last year), I tried to have sex with my boyfriend and it was like hitting a wall and I was in excruciating pain. Immediately after, I went back to the gynecologist who said it was all in my head and me tensing up, so I then started seeing a therapist. We talked about sex, did breathing techniques, relaxation exercises, and hypnosis. The next 4 months I tried over and over to have sex (sometimes using a bottle of lube in one night) and it just didn’t work. I finally began doing my own research and found Dr.Pacik. I read his book and finally opened up to my parents about this problem. My mom had known most of it, but my dad didn’t. I told my parents about Dr.Pacik and begged them to call him and talk to him. Prior to the procedure I couldn’t even insert a q-tip inside of me without being in excruciating pain. I got the procedure on 6/17/2013 and 6 days later on 6/23 I was able to have full intercourse with my boyfriend, with very little pain. Today, only 10 days later, I am using a tampon with my period. I truly never thought any of this was possible! I couldn’t be more thankful to have such supportive parents, and more thankful to have found Dr.Pacik and Ellen and the rest of his team! Thank you so so so much!

Heather34
    Participant
    Quote:
    Quote from PomPom on June 27, 2013, 17:45
    I got the procedure on 6/17/2013 and 6 days later on 6/23 I was able to have full intercourse with my boyfriend, with very little pain. Today, only 10 days later, I am using a tampon with my period. I truly never thought any of this was possible!

HUGE CONGRATS on your tremendous success!!!!! This is beyond AMAZING and I am so, so very happy for you!!!!

Nakitalab
    Participant

Pom Pom, I’m so happy for you! What wonderful news! You are so fortunate to have parents who are understanding and supportive of you. What a blessing! So very happy for you!

venti
    Participant

I hope that someday I have a similar story to tell 🙂 congratulations

Heather34
    Participant

Hi Venti! I want to welcome you to the Forum and please know that we are all here to support you. I suffered with vaginismus in the past and for my entire relationship/marriage. With much support from my husband and constant research, I found Dr. Pacik and had the Botox procedure in June 2011. This was the best decision ever and within 7 days of my treatment, we were able to have pain-free intercourse for the first time. Prior to this, I was unable to even insert a q-tip without the fear/pain response and always felt like there was a physical wall blocking insertion. Post-procedure, we now have pain-free intercourse and I am able to have successful ob/gyn exams as well as use tampons, again, something I could’ve never envisioned in the past. If you haven’t done so, I would strongly encourage you to contact Dr. Pacik and inquire about his treatment options for overcoming vaginismus. This, again, was one of the best and most important decisions that my husband and I ever made. And, again, please know that we are all here to support you!!! :):):)

venti
    Participant

🙂 thank you so much, Heather. I think finding this forum was a good first step, and I’ll certainly follow your advice.

Heather34
    Participant

No problem Venti. I’m so glad you found this Forum and am here for you always!!! :):):)

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.