Men Contacting the Office

Find support and treatment options from participants and Maze Women’s Health staff.

Home Forums Vaginismus Support Group Vaginismus for the Men Men Contacting the Office

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Heather34
    Participant

Hi guys. Prior to my procedure, I had a difficult time completing Dr. Pacik’s questionnaire forms and my husband had to assist me. So many times, the husband or partner may be the ones who initiate contact with Dr. Pacik’s office and who read his book. This is not uncommon at all and is nothing that the female patient with vaginismus should feel bad about or ashamed of. It is often so hard for the woman to face the reality of her condition and this includes reading Dr. Pacik’s book, contacting his office, and even completing the necessary forms. Sometimes, it is necessary for the male to take the lead and be the one to assist his wife or partner in completing the forms. This has happened in numerous cases and the couple has gone on to receive successful treatment as we did. Men, what have been your experiences here? What is your advice for another husband or partner reading this right now?

Dr. Pacik
    Participant

I couldn’t agree more. So often my vaginismus patients sit on the forms for months before returning them for my evaluation. They are simply unable to bring themselves to completing the forms. This is where the partner can take the lead, by patiently sitting with his honey and completing the forms as a joint effort. He submits the forms, I review them, and both are involved with my phone call to give guidance.

Heather34
    Participant

Recently, there has been an excellent thread started by Tony, a very supportive husband to his wife Christine, and there have been wonderful replies from the Forum members.

http://www.vaginismusmd.com/vaginismus-md-forum/?mingleforumaction=viewtopic&t=700

Tony and Christine will be treated coming up on December 16th.

Dr. Pacik has written: “So often my vaginismus patients sit on the forms for months before returning them for my evaluation. They are simply unable to bring themselves to completing the forms. This is where the partner can take the lead, by patiently sitting with his honey and completing the forms as a joint effort. He submits the forms, I review them, and both are involved with my phone call to give guidance.”

Throughout Tony’s thread, he relates to this in that Christine has had a difficult time in completing the forms and speaking to Dr. Pacik. I replied in that I can understand how she feels when you say she cries when hearing words about vaginismus and in completing the forms. I had these same feelings and experiences while having vaginismus. It was so hard to face it and the emotions came out whenever I did because of how much I kept this hidden and how isolating it was.

For any of the male partners reading this right now, I would definitely encourage you to check out Tony and Christine’s excellent thread and follow their journey. Also, if you are reading this Tony and Christine, please know we are all here to support you both along this journey of overcoming vaginismus together.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.