Meeting other patients

Find support and treatment options from participants and Maze Women’s Health staff.

Home Forums Vaginismus Support Group Vaginismus General Meeting other patients

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    bosox2004
    Participant

Hey everyone!

I was wondering if anyone in the New England area would be interested in meeting up somewhere. I know meeting the moderator Heather has helped me tremendously and I think meeting more people who suffer/suffered from V would be fun and helpful. We could meet up anywhere – restaurant, place of attraction (Boston Common, Boston Public Garden, Plymouth), Dunkin Donuts, etc. I’d be game to meet just about anywhere (within a reasonable distance lol) if anyone would be interested. I live about 7 miles from Boston.

Also, laura57: I see you live in Pensacola. I just moved from there and would love to talk to you; I know PNS isn’t very large and finding out someone else in a small radius of me went through the same thing just blows me away!! If you would want to talk privately, the moderator Heather and Dr. Pacik and staff have my contact information.

Hope everyone has a great week! 🙂

Kim
    Participant

I wished I lived in your area, I would totally meet up with you!

bosox2004
    Participant

I wish you lived in this area as well so we could meet up – especially since you seem to be the only one interested in meeting!! LOL

I want to ask you where you do live but not sure that’s something you want to reveal on this forum…

Becca
    Participant

I wish I lived close and could meet up! I think that would be so awesome. Unfortunately, I’m on the opposite coast (Washington) so that is just not possible! Hope it works out for you to meet up with others though! 🙂

KatieG07
    Participant

I’m a June 9th patient I live in Manchester 5/10 mins from Dr. Paciks office! How great. I HATE driving or going near the city myself I dislike that mass traffic. I might be interested some weekend this summer meeting if others are close maybe a group of us could meet up? Anyone else close?

Kim
    Participant

I don’t mind saying where I live – I’m down in Nashville, TN 😉 Any other Southerners nearby want to try & meet up? I hope bosox2004 that you get some ladies interested – sounds like an awesome & encouraging thing!

kelseroo
    Participant

I would love to meet some of you! I am in San Diego ca. Anyone on this forum from Southern California?

bosox2004
    Participant

KatieG07 – I would so love to meet up with you! I completely understand about not wanting to drive in MA traffic; we could meet in NH if that would be easier. Maybe as we get more feedback from others in the area, we will be able to nail down a more definite time/place. BTW, I’m soo happy that you will be getting the procedure on June 9th!!!! You are going to do just fine and will be dilating like a pro before you know it. 🙂 If I can be of any help, please just let me know.

As for everyone else – I hope that you guys can also find someone in your vicinity to meet up with. As stated earlier, meeting the moderator Heather was such a healing experience for me. When Cynthia told me that there was someone else within 15 minutes of me who had also had the procedure, I started to cry on the phone. For the first time in over 5 years, I didn’t feel so alone. We met at Dunkin Donuts and talked for hours! Being able to tell someone, “I’ve been married for over 5 years and I’m still basically a virgin.” and knowing that they COMPLETELY understood all the pain, confusion, hurt, anger, and frustration in that one sentence was healing in itself!!!

KatieG07
    Participant

Bosox2004 do you want to message Janet so you can get my email and we can try and plan a meet up this summer and get to know each other a little more 🙂 Southern NH is an easy over the border location to meet for coffee or dinner or drinks. I wish there was other girls in the area to start a little meet up group. I’d love to do since or 2x a month and meet up. Lemme know. Isn’t Heather the moderator from Mass?

bosox2004
    Participant

KatieG07: Yes, I will message Janet and get your e-mail so we can chat privately. I too wish there were other women in the area who wanted to meet so we could form a group! Oh well – maybe with time our little group will grow. 🙂 You’re correct – Heather is the moderator who lives in MA. I spoke with her via text over the weekend and she said she would love to join us; however, she’s been really busy and hasn’t had a chance to respond on the forum.

If anyone else would like to join us, please free to ask Janet for my contact information. The more the merrier! 🙂

Hope everyone has a great week. 🙂

hereisnowhy
    Participant

Bosox2004 and KatieG07 I live and work in Southern NH as well and work 5 minutes down the road from Dr. Pacik’s office! My procedure is June 16th. I would love to meet up sometime! Summer months can be a bit hectic as I travel to the lakes region many weekends, but August could work for me, or some weeknight. This will be fun! I will contact Janet and let her know she has permission to give my contact information out to you both!

KatieG07
    Participant

Woohooooooo!!!! I live in Manchester about 8-10 minutes from the office. My procedure is 6/9!!! I’m so excited another Person to meet up with who lives so close! I knew someone would come around. Hereisnowh-y if you want to connect as I have with bosox2004 already send Janet an email and she’ll send you my contact into. It would be awesome to meet up and chat over dinner, drinks or maybe am coffee (on a weekend) I work early. You just made me smile from ear to ear!!! Wow 🙂

bosox2004
    Participant

YAY!!! I’m so excited that someone else came around and wants to join our little group. 🙂 We will have so much fun. 🙂

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.