Low Cervix

Find support and treatment options from participants and Maze Women’s Health staff.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Short567
    Participant

I have a couple inch long thing that hangs pretty far down into the interior of my vagina that has an opening in the center of it. It is probably a little less than an inch in diameter. One person I have been with mentioned that it was like “a video game stick they could play with with their finger”. Is this normal??? Would that be my cervix hanging down low? Most pictures on the internet of vaginas don’t show anything like this?

It certainly sounds like it could be a prolapsed uterus, but of course I can’t make a diagnosis without seeing you. Have you seen your gynecologist and asked them? A prolapse is caused by weakness in the pelvic muscles. It most commonly occurs in women who have had more than one vaginal birth, or who are post menopausal, but other activities that increase pressure on the pelvic floor can put you at risk. There are treatments available.

Short567
    Participant

From what I can remember it has always been this way, and I have never given birth. I am 20 years old and fairly active. From the pictures I look up it seems to be bulging out of the body, which is not happening to me. Is this still possible?

There can be different degrees of prolapse, a complete prolapse would involve the cervix hanging outside the body, in an incomplete prolapse, the cervix would still be on the inside. And although having children is the most common cause of prolapse, there are many different reasons it could have occurred. Have your gyn provider take a look, and you will get a definitive answer to your question.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.