Level 5 Cured!!!!!

Find support and treatment options from participants and Maze Women’s Health staff.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    lucya08
    Participant

Hi ladies. I was 19 when I was diagnosed with Vaginismus. For years I tried to have sex and nothing ever seemed to work. I could not even insert a tampon or q-tip inside of me. Once I arrived at Dr.Pacik’s office I felt so comfortable and at home. His staff was very polite and understanding and for the first time ever I didn’t feel so alone. After the procedure Dr.Pacik informed me that not only was I a “level 5” Vaginismus patient but I was by far one of the worst cases he’d ever seen! When I arrived home after the procedure I dilated everyday making sure I wasn’t going to let this condition take over my life. It’s been almost 3 years since my procedure and I am very happy to say that I can have regular sex! I have to dilate for about 30mins with the largest dilator before sex but as long as I do this I am able to have sex for hours. I can use tampons without dilating also. Sex is not pleasurable for me yet it’s not painful either. I’m just happy it’s possible. For any woman reading this with level 5 Vaginismus that believes she’ll never be able to overcome this condition, I am proof that there is hope! Dr.Pacik is the key!

Allie
    Participant

Hi! Thank you so much for sharing your story! Almost 3 years since your procedure and still going strong! That’s very encouraging to hear!

Dr. Pacik
    Participant

Thanks for posting lucya08. This post is of great value for two reasons. It points to the long term cure of vaginismus after a single treatment using the Botox program which consists not only of Botox injections but also progressive dilation under anesthesia, understanding how to use the dilators and counseling and support. Patients seem to know how long they need to use dilators. For some it is a fairly short period of time, more severe forms of vaginismus may need to dilate for longer periods. Your post is also important because it discusses that some women do not find sex to be pleasurable. They enjoy the intimacy but do not necessarily experience much arousal. Some of my patients enjoy the arousal but are unable to climax. For those couples who are comfortable with this nothing further needs to be done. For those who would like to attempt more sexual satisfaction I usually recommend finding an AASECT certified counselor in your area who can work with you. (To locate a sex therapist near you link to http://www.aasect.org/directory.asp) Thanks for posting and congratulations on your success!

Heather34
    Participant

Hi Lucya. Welcome to the Forum and thank you for your post. I am so, so happy for you and you have made such tremendous progress post-procedure. I, too, was a Pacik grade 5 patient and, like you, was never able to even insert a q-tip inside of me without the excruciating pain/fear response. Following Dr. Pacik’s procedure, I was cured and able to have pain-free intercourse with my hubby within 7 days. I absolutely agree that this is the one treatment that works for Pacik grade 5 patients. For those women reading this right now, please trust that if this worked for us, it can and WILL work for you as well!!! I look forward to reading more of your posts.

rachel
    Participant

Hi Lucya
    I think I was in the recovary room next to you when you went for your procedure~! I was still high on the propofol and the versed when we first spoke so was very happy! However we went through our initial dilation classes together and it was a great time to relaize that we could overcome Vaginismus! I am happy too and able to have sex that is not painful and I am so happy that I finally got my cure! I did a video about my journey with Vaginismus on youtube to let people know they are not alone. Kazia Gray Alone Anymore..

My husband and I are just looking into adoption now as after trying for a baby for a while we realized that my husband is in fact infertile…bit of a blow for us but we decided after a lot of soul searching that we would adopt. I am so so happy to hear that you are doing well post procedure. Congratulations on your recovery!!!!

Rachel

Nakitalab
    Participant

Hi Lucya, thank you for your encouraging post. I am day 127 post procedure and am just amazed that I can have intercourse pain free. I will have to admit though that I have been nervous about the Botox wearing off. I worry that Vaginismus will come back, especially since I had very painful sex for so many years….over 32 years. So your post was very encouraging for me. Thank you! And I’m so happy for you!

Nakitalab
    Participant

Hi Rachel, I am so happy that you have over come Vaginismus! What a blessing! Like you my husband and I were not able to have children by birth. Originally we had thought it was due to my Vaginismus but found out many years ago that my husband was infertile. We adopted our two children as babies and they are the loves and joy of our lives. They are now 16 and 11. I am here for you if you ever have any questions about adoption and all the emotions that you may experience along the way. And again, I am so very happy for your successful recovery!

rachel
    Participant

Hi Nakitalab,
    Thanks so much for your post. I was wondering about the home study…I know they ask a lot of personal questions about your sex life. What worries me is that they will discriminate against us for suffering with Vaginismus> How did you get through the home study? Did you tell the social workers about your Vaginismus? If so, how did they react…was it an issue? I want to be completely open about it and the botox procedure but not sure if it is wise. I am pretty sure that Vaginismus has been mentioned by my doctor in the medical report,,,We are otherwise looking forward to getting some children to call our own. It was certainly a lot to cope with when we found out about my husbands infertility…especially after going through the botox procedure…however we see it as a miracle now that we found each other…perfect match!

Nakitalab
    Participant

Hi Rachel, we adopted in both the states of Oregon and Arizona and I don’t remember them asking anything about our sex lives. And I didn’t say anything about having Vaginismus either time. With our first I still didn’t know what was wrong with me and in fact shortly after our son came home I had surgery to remove scar tissue, remove my hymen and had an episiotomy as the doctor thought that it would help me be able to have intercourse and to use tampons. I’m going to go back through our records and look at both adoptions to see but I’m pretty sure it didn’t come up at all. Really it has nothing to do with whether or not you are suitable as parents. But I totally understand about wanting to be open about it. A year ago I wouldn’t have ever said that because I felt so humiliated about it, but now that I’m “cured” thanks to Dr. Pacik, I think sharing about it as much as we are comfortable with is awesome as it could possibly help someone else. I will pull our adoption info back and get back to you. I’m so excited for you! Try not to be too stressed over the home study and the visit. But I totally understand as I was a mess right before ours. At the time it felt so unfair that we had to go through so much (back ground checks, finger printing, home study). You sure don’t have to do that to have a child naturally. But it is all so worth it in the end! We were blessed by two different times with our wonderful children!!!!!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.