ISSM Meeting and Future Conferences on Sexual Pain Disorders

Find support and treatment options from participants and Maze Women’s Health staff.

Home Forums Vaginismus Support Group Vaginismus Advocacy ISSM Meeting and Future Conferences on Sexual Pain Disorders

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Heather34
    Participant

Hi ladies and Dr. Pacik. The ISSM Meeting and Chicago sound wonderful. In your post, you wrote:

“I was pleased that sexual pain disorders were well discussed, and more clinicians are focusing into the importance of vaginismus as a separate entity.”

This is wonderful and also very important to further spread the word about vaginismus and also educate clinicians/physicians about the condition as a separate entity from other sexual pain disorders. I know that I’ve discussed this in other posts, but I was originally diagnosed with the condition of vulvodynia as I had the fear/anxiety response to any touch, even on the outside area of my vagina. I did not, in fact, have vulvodynia though and was cured from my condition of vaginismus following Dr. Pacik’s procedure. Has anyone else also been told that they had vulvodynia?

There is an excellent thread on this topic as well:

http://www.vaginismusmd.com/vaginismus-md-forum/?mingleforumaction=viewtopic&t=59

Dr. Pacik
    Participant

There were some very important concepts that were discussed at the recent International Society for Sexual Medicine meeting in Chicago. I will be posting these over the next few days. Please alert your friends.
    An important finding is that male erectile dysfunction can be a marker of heart disease and generally gives a 2-3 year warning, even in younger males (40’s-50’s). A cardiac workup is indicated. When combined with diabetes, it is even more important.
    Our VaginismusMD Facebook page is getting more attention. Please “like” this page so that some of this important information can be disseminated to others. We have such a diverse group of people on this website that there is no longer a “label” for being on this site.

Dr. Pacik
    Participant
    Heather34
    Participant

“There were some very important concepts that were discussed at the recent International Society for Sexual Medicine meeting in Chicago. I will be posting these over the next few days.”

This is great and I look forward to reading about them. The more that we all learn and discuss together, the more we are even working in a small way to spread the word about vaginismus and prevent future patients from suffering for so long without a correct diagnosis or proper treatment.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.