Introduction Posts – Cant Wait to Meet Everyone

Find support and treatment options from participants and Maze Women’s Health staff.

Home Forums Vaginismus Support Group Vaginismus General Introduction Posts – Cant Wait to Meet Everyone

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Heather34
    Participant

Hi ladies. We’ve had a significant number of new members join the forum recently and I wanted to welcome you all! I would encourage you all to please introduce yourself and chime-in on the various posts. I would also love to hear your thoughts, ideas, suggestions on any new topics that you would like to see discussed here. I also want to thank Dr. Pacik again for creating this forum for us as it finally gives us a place to discuss all aspects of vaginismus openly and no longer suffer with it in silence. I sincerely believe that through our posts and discussions ladies, we are helping so many more women every single day to not only learn about the condition but discover that there is a cure out there that really works. For those veteran ladies reading this, how neat would it have been to have this forum while we were going through our procedures? I seriously remember being so, so nervous leading up the procedure and then experiencing just so many emotions following the procedure. I would’ve loved to have read of the experiences that all of you ladies have shared in this forum and would’ve found it incredibly helpful. I also probably would’ve asked a thousand questions both pre and post-procedure. It’s just a nice and supportive place in which we can all work together to help each other and, as Dr. P has said many times, to give vaginismus a name and lead others to this cure! Again, I would encourage all of you to please introduce yourself and I look so forward to meeting each and every one of you. Take care, H

Dr. Pacik
    Participant

The Forum stands for many things. It allows women to realize they are not alone and they don’t need to live in silence. It gives them a voice. It creates a sense of community with everyone sharing their thoughts and ideas. By reading what others write it gives definition to one’s own feelings. Sometimes it’s too hard to figure it out, but when someone else writes something that makes sense, it can become an epiphany! I learned what vaginismus really means, not from the scientific literature, but from the stories my patients told me.

Everyone’s participation is crucial to the success of the Forum. Everyone’s story is different yet there is a common theme of feeling less than, feeling like “freaks”, feeling one’s world has fallen apart, the constant fear that one will be left alone, the inability to raise a family, and being inundated with these thoughts 24/7. When everyone posts, when everyone becomes an advocate, our collective voices will thunder through the silence. Then we will be whole and our voices will have been heard.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.