Independence Day, 2013

Find support and treatment options from participants and Maze Women’s Health staff.

Home Forums Vaginismus Support Group Vaginismus General Independence Day, 2013

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Dr. Pacik
    Participant

Independence=freedom from control

Today is an important day not only celebrating America’s independence but I think of the many women who have achieved success in overcoming vaginismus. Independence is defined as freedom from control. There are many things that control our lives. For those who have struggled for so long with vaginismus, it is clear how this condition has been controlling. It is a day that means so much to those who have overcome vaginismus. I would love to hear from our ladies what this day means to you. Happy 4th!

Chocolate
    Participant

I know going forward that this time of year will represent a kind of “anniversary” for me. 🙂 Hubby and I had intercourse for the first time ever on July 2nd, 8 days after my procedure. It was totally pain-free and certainly lifted the great burden we had been carrying for so long. 🙂 <3

rachel
    Participant

I overcame vaginismus on 8thAugust 2010-my husband’s birthday!lol It was a special day that I will never forget!

Heather34
    Participant

Huge Congrats Rachel and Huge Congrats to you Chocolate! This is such wonderful news.

In an earlier post, you wrote:

“I … have what I call the “Swimming pool effect”. When we were kids, summer would arrive, it got hot, we were miserable. Then the parents got a pool. Not just some little kiddie pool! A real pool, big enough to swim in and float in and play with pool noodles in! Hallelujah, right? Well, it would hit 90 degrees or so, the pool would be sittin’ there lookin’ good . . . . and I hardly ever went in it. I would look at it, think, “it’s there if I need it, and that makes me feel better already.” I get miserable, think about my condition, then I realize that Dr. Pacik’s office is two measly hours away by car. “Good” I say to myself, “it’s there if I need it. Wow. I feel better already.” and then I go back to my little life. There’s probably some sort of a term for that behavior – avoidance, maybe? But anyways, yeah. I could leave my house now and be in Manchester in time for supper. In fact, I drive right through NH several times a year.”

I think it is beyond amazing and so wonderful that you jumped into the swimming pool, had the procedure, and now had intercourse with your hubby and I am super proud of you. For anyone reading this for the first time, please know that you too can be cured from this condition and there is hope out there.

Above, Dr. Pacik writes “Independence is defined as freedom from control. For those who have struggled for so long with vaginismus, it is clear how this condition has been controlling. It is a day that means so much to those who have overcome vaginismus.” For our entire 11 year relationship/5 year marriage, I suffered in silence with vaginismus and experienced close to every emotion imaginable. It significantly controlled me as I would think about it 24/7 (i.e. what does the future hold? will my husband leave me? do I have to just live like this forever? and always please God, help me to figure out some way of fixing this – is there a cure out there that I haven’t yet tried?). I was very depressed and hopeless and I also believed that I was the only person in the world who could not have sex with her husband and this made me feel very abnormal. These are just a touch of the emotions that I felt while having vaginismus and I tried so many different treatments without success that would just reinforce the control that this condition had in our lives. When I found Dr. Pacik and realized that I could have this procedure, I felt hope for the first time in so many years. My husband noticed this immediately which caused him to be hopeful too and so happy as he could see how happy that I was again. I had my Botox Procedure on June 27th. Within 7 days, I went from never being able to even insert a q-tip without the feeling like I was hitting a brick wall and a terrible burning pain to FINALLY having successful intercourse with my hubby – on the 4th of July!!!!! Wooooooooh!!!! On July 4th, we both gained independence from this condition that had been so very controlling and every day, I want to shout it from the rooftops!!! Now, every July 4th, we celebrate our new “sexversary” together and love it!!!! I wish I could express in words how much this has meant to my husband and I but there truly are no words to express the depth of my gratitude for curing me from vaginismus. Thank you so, so much Dr. Pacik and the entire team for giving us this precious gift of freedom!!!!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.