I need to catch up mentally to where I am physically

Find support and treatment options from participants and Maze Women’s Health staff.

Home Forums Vaginismus Support Group Vaginismus Dilating I need to catch up mentally to where I am physically

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Heather34
    Participant

Dr. P previously wrote “[m]ost vaginismus patients carry considerable fear and anxiety about their condition. It is not uncommon to be doing well with the dilation program and still have “mental” setbacks. As one of my patients said “I need to catch up mentally to where I am physically”. With time, this too improves and it is best to continue with the dilation program understanding that once pain free intercourse is achieved, the anxiety disappears.”

Ladies, it is very, very common to still hold some levels of anxiety even while being very successful with the dilation program. It truly is a gradual healing process and, as Dr. P has said, gets a tremendous amount better and eventually disappears altogether once pain-free intercourse is achieved and practiced on a regular basis. In the beginning, I recall being very successful with dilating to the largest dilators but every once in a while still getting very anxious about the general act of dilating. This feeling got better and better over time and is gone entirely now. What have been your experiences ladies with continued anxiety surrounding dilating?

Heather34
    Participant

“I need to catch up mentally to where I am physically”

Post-procedure, what does this sentence mean to you???

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.