Hymenectomy or alternative procedure?

Find support and treatment options from participants and Maze Women’s Health staff.

Home Forums Vaginismus Support Group Vaginismus General Hymenectomy or alternative procedure?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    MissPiggy
    Participant

A technical question for the people at the Maze clinic. I’m 22 and I’m in pain when I have sex with my boyfriend. I’ve told my gyn about this. He performed an internal exam and saw my hymen is still intact, which is probably the reason why I can’t have pain free sex. He talked about two possible solutions: either a hymenectomy, which requires surgery, or a lighter form (I forgot the name of this procedure) in which he’ll try to manually break/rupture the hymen. I’ll probably go for the manual procedure since I’m really scared of hospitals and having to be put to sleep for the surgery. Or do you think a “real” hymenectomy is actually a better solution?

mazemelissa

I think you can for sure try the manual option. I would assume that he would numb you up well prior to procedure, so you don’t feel the tear. I don’t think a “real” hymenectomy is superior, sometimes a “natural” break can even be better, as you keep your anatomy more intact.

MissPiggy
    Participant

Thanks @mazemelissa! The whole thing scares me though… I’ve also heard some women do this on their own, at their own pace… so if anyone who did this is reading this… more info would be much appreciated, also on the manual procedure offered by the gyn!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.