Huge Fifth Last Dilator :(

Find support and treatment options from participants and Maze Women’s Health staff.

Home Forums Vaginismus Support Group Vaginismus General Huge Fifth Last Dilator :(

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    lisaloop123
    Participant

Hi,

Anyone got any tips for the last dilator please? the jump from 4 to 5 is huge 🙁

I only can get 4th in after lots of stimulation, but does go, but 5th is impossible.

Heather34
    Participant

Hi Lisa! First off, huge, huge CONGRATS getting the 4th dilator in! You are making such great progress! I think in regards to tips for inserting the 5th one, I always found that the morning was the best time for me when I transitioned up a size. This made me feel more confident and also helped me physically as I was very stretched from dilating the previous night. Another thought that Melissa has written in the past is the possibility of going up a half-size. There are companies, like Syracuse Medical (see link below) that have half-sizes. Hope this helps and am sending you positive thoughts and my support today! I, again, am so, so excited for your great progress!!!

Syracuse Medical:
    http://www.cmtmedical.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=551

mazemelissa

You can also try a warm bath before dilation. The warm water can help relax the vaginal muscles more.

I would also move the fourth dilator around, side to side, and in and out. The more you can move the fourth dilator around, you will stretch the introitus, and further manipulate the muscles, and make more room for the fifth dilator.

I also think looking for an in between size dilator is a good idea as well.

lisaloop123
    Participant

Honestly think my vagina is too narrow, I get terrible tearing pain at bottom of vagina when attempting anything bigger than the four dilator!

mazemelissa

Sometimes the largest dilator will cause some hymenal introitus tearing in order to enter the vagina. I see this often when we perform the botox procedure under anesthesia. The last largest dilator will not enter, unless there is some tearing of the entrance tissue. Once that entrance tissue has opened up a little more, the largest dilator can enter. Since we are doing the procedure under anesthesia, the patient does not feel the tearing, and they don’t experience that pain. After the procedure the patients find the area is sore, but the entrance is now more open, so the dilator can easily pass through without that resistance. I wonder if that is what might be happening in your case. You may need someone to help you get that last dilator inside, and it is possible the entrance tissue needs to tear a little to open up. It is very difficult to put yourself through that pain of trying to penetrate with the large dilator with the chance of tearing the tissue. Maybe you can find a physical therapist in your area that can help get that last dilator inside.

lisaloop123
    Participant

Finally got it in last night, had to orgasm twice though just to get it anywhere. Felt uncomfortable but not painful.

Heather34
    Participant

Hi lisaloop! Yaaaaay – that is so, so awesome that you were able to get the large dilator in. Huge Congrats! I, too, felt like it didn’t hurt but was definitely uncomfortable when first using this one. What helped me is to use distraction as much as I could in the beginning (i.e. watching a movie with the hubby) and also dilating with it while lying on the couch or bed. Huge Congrats again and keep up the great work!!!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.