How wide should you be in order to have pain free sex?

Home > Forums > Vaginismus Support Group > Sexual Pain That May Not Be Vaginismus > How wide should you be in order to have pain free sex?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    tammyg
    Participant

Hi there,

Sorry if this a weird question, but I’m super insecure about this.

One of my friends has been diagnosed with vaginismus, and she found a pelvic therapist who helped her. My friend said you actually need to be able to insert three fingers in order to have pain free sex, or at least, that’s what her therapist told her.

I’ve always had the impression I’m pretty narrow down there. I can easily insert one finger, but a second one sometimes hurts and a third one is out of the question. Since I’m still a virgin I’m wondering what I should do now. How wide should you be to have pain free sex?

Hi tammyg – thanks so much for writing and for your awesome question!

The answer is: everyone is different. Our bodies vary anatomically, neurologically, psychologically – you name it. So there is no way to corollate your vaginal muscles’ tolerance for penetration to how you process sensation there.

The only “normal” any woman should be concerned with is her own. Explore what works for you and what doesn’t, and if you experience any further challenges, seek out a midwife or gynecologist familiar with pelvic health concerns. Or give us a call! We offer free 10-minute phone consult and we can help you decide what your next steps might be.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.