How many months should I dilate?

Find support and treatment options from participants and Maze Women’s Health staff.

Home Forums Vaginismus Support Group Vaginismus General How many months should I dilate?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    apaul12
    Participant

Hi,

I have been able to have penetrative sex after 6 weeks of my Botox/Hymenotomy treatment. While I try and dilate almost everyday, I have found that I can have penetrative sex (without much discomfort)even without dilation (although it’s smoother following dilation).

In this context, can someone advise how many months should I continue to dilate for? Also, does Vaginismus come back in some form after Botox loses its effect in, say, 4-5 months?

Thanks!

recessivegenequeen
    Participant

Apaul12 – congrats on your penetrative intercourse! That’s big news! I would say I dilated for 3 months, maybe 4 before winnowing and eventually stopping. I stopped really dilating regularly when I was able to have intercourse that was totally pain-free. Personally I noticed NO difference when the botox presumably wore off – by then my body was used to penetration and the mental block was totally gone. I think what’s most important is just to dilate as long as you need it without trying to wean yourself too soon but also trusting yourself to know when you’re doing better. Plus you can always go back to dilating for a brief time if you take a long break from intercourse, for example – I’ve had to do that before.

lora11
    Participant

Wow! I can’t wait to get to your stage! Well done you for overcoming this xxx

apaul12
    Participant

I am sure you will make it to my stage soon 🙂. Wish you all the best.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.