How deep is deep enough?

Find support and treatment options from participants and Maze Women’s Health staff.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Heather34
    Participant

Hi ladies. I recently received a great question regarding how deep is deep enough for inserting the dilators? I have only used the pure romance dilators and have been able to insert them all of the way in. However, I’ve been told that some are successfully able to insert them but not the entire way in. Also, with the glass dilators, I’ve read other threads in which it was noted that while they successfully go in, a certain amount remains out. Questions concerning this include: Is it possible that some vagina cavities are shorter than others? How do you know when you reach the cervix?

Walker
    Participant

I have both the pure romance dilators and the glass dilators and I personally prefer the glass dilators because they go in a lot easier. Also when inserting them, because they are all the same length, I am able to insert them all the way and don’t have to worry about hitting the cervix. I do feel that some insertions go in better than others depending upon the angle but adjusting them does help. With the pure romance dilators because of their different lengths, I felt that I did not know how far was far enough (the purple went all the way in but the pink and blue did not). So I have decided to stick with the glass dilators (although you have to have tight panties and even a pad on to keep them in place) I would rather just work with the different sizes than have to also worry about how far they need to go in or should go in to ensure the even stretching of the muscles. It depends on preference and what feels right for you.

Heather34
    Participant

Hi Walker. I loved reading your stories from last week and am so, so happy for you. Now that you are dilating regularly, does it feel like almost second nature to you? Is it also easier each time? I remember that it literally became a part of my daily routine. Also, great review of the glass v. pure romance dilators. You know how the Pure Romance dilators have the handle. This can sometimes feel a little uncomfortable while walking for extended periods of time. Do the glass ones have this handle as well? Also, I remember reading another post about being able to even go shopping while dilating with them because they were so comfortable. It’s definitely great to hear the difference between the two types. Ladies, which dilators do you prefer using? Do you have any additional stories, suggestions, or comments for future patients who are deciding which type to use?

Walker
    Participant

Hi Heather,
    Dilating is becoming a lot easier everyday. I still struggle with sleeping with it at nights and I guess Lady Purple has become my friend. I am trying to add new friends daily like Ms. Pink and Mr. Blue. It is crazy but they do become part of you. The glass dilator is a lot easier for me to insert and it does not have that handle but it does seem to conform to the shape of your outer vagina muscles which helps. The only disadvantage as I stated earlier I found is that since it goes in so easily, it also comes out just as easily so you need to really have a good pair of tight panties on or a pad to keep it in. The last time I had the Pure Romance in was Day 1 Post Procedure and just wanted to stick with the glass. When you consistently dilate, it just decreases your anxiety daily because you are able to insert it. It is just a huge confidence builder and pushes me closer to the next step of intercourse. I cant wait to share that story! lol…:)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.