Going to sharing a room with friends for the whole summer…

Find support and treatment options from participants and Maze Women’s Health staff.

Home Forums Vaginismus Support Group Vaginismus Dilating Going to sharing a room with friends for the whole summer…

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Bitesize
    Participant

For the last year or so I have been using the dilators on my own as although I was in a relationship we could not spend a lot of intimate time together. I’m really trying to do them as frequently as possible as I’m determined to beat this – every night or every second night at least.

However this summer I’m going to America for three months and will be sharing a room with either one or three other girls (as we definitely can’t afford rent on four bedrooms!) What bothers me is that I may not find a private time or space to do the dilators. Anyone had a similar situation?

mlrchi
    Participant

Hi Bitesize,

Have you purchased the glass dilators yet? They are much shorter so you can be more mobile while dilating. Just go in the bathroom, insert the glass dilator with tighter underwear, and you can cook dinner, watch TV etc. with your roomies and they will never know!

Good luck,

mlrchi

Becca
    Participant

Hi Bitesize,

I definitely agree with mlrchi, if you don’t have the glass dilators you should definitely purchase them! Also, another helpful thing (if you aren’t doing it yet) would be to practice inserting the dilators while standing that way you could easily put them in in the bathroom of your shared place. For me, I have had success if I put one foot up (usually my right) a little higher – you could probably use a bathtub, or even the toilet. I kind of “squat” a little with my one leg up and that has been a pretty easy way for me to put them in while standing. Who knows, you may already be doing that. 🙂 But I definitely agree, the glass ones would be worth getting. Also, and this is totally dependent on your comfort level of course — you could talk to your roommates and explain your situation, and I’m sure they would be willing to give you some privacy. But again, that is totally up to you and if you are comfortable with that. I have talked to many people about it and everyone I’ve talked to has been kind and supportive.

Anyways, I hope this was helpful! Hope you have an awesome summer here in the U.S! 🙂

Becca

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.