Finding practitioners outside of NYC

Find support and treatment options from participants and Maze Women’s Health staff.

Home Forums Vaginismus Support Group Daily Questions About Vaginismus Finding practitioners outside of NYC

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    whirlwithoutmotion
    Participant

Hello,
    I’m new to this forum but have dealt with vaginismus since 2005. I’ve done PT and dialators and would like to try botox. However, I’ve got some other health issues that prevent me from traveling by airplane or taking long car rides. I live in Chicago and am wondering if Dr. Pacik trained any practitioners here to do the procedure, or if anyone knows how to find someone who does botox for vaginismus at all. Thank you!

Heather34
    Participant

Hi! Welcome to the Forum and thank you for your post! I, too, dealt with vaginismus for several years (all of my 20s and early 30s) and want you to know that I’m here for you 100%! I searched Botox for Vaginismus and cannot find any other providers who offer this in the Chicago area. I had the procedure with Dr. Pacik back in 2011 up in NH and the only group that I know of that he trained was Maze right outside of NYC. It may be worthwhile to e-mail or call Melissa at Maze to chat and explore all options and to also see if their group knows of anyone in Chicago also offering Botox for vaginismus. Her contact is 914-328-3700 or melissa@mazehealth.com. I was honestly scared of the idea of getting the Botox procedure at first but, after talking to Dr. Pacik, realized that it was entirely safe and also realized that this was a shot at curing vaginismus and moving forward as I never ever had success with using the dilators or even the smallest sized tampon. I think by having the Botox numb the entry muscle or wall of resistance (great wall as the hubby called it), it helped so much to then be able to insert the dilators without this pain/fear/blocked feeling and later exams plus my husband. Please, again, know that I am here for you 100%!!!

whirlwithoutmotion
    Participant

Thank you very much for your response. I will contact Melissa to learn more. With my experience of other health issues, it would be really nice to be done with this pain and be able to enjoy sex and have a source of pleasure in my life!

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi. I know it’s difficult to believe this problem can really be helped, but we’ve seen so many women do it. You just need to believe it can get better! Call Melissa when you have a chance.

Heather34
    Participant

Hi whirlwithoutmotion. I’m so sorry for other health issues that you are going through as well. Please know that I’m here for you. As far as vaginismus, I love the Botox treatment option and it was the one thing that worked to treat my vaginismus when so many other treatments that we tried failed. Before finding Dr. Pacik and having the Botox procedure, I could not believe that I would ever be able to overcome and I thought that I would be the one patient that it would not work on as I wouldn’t be able to do the dilating afterwards. I was so wrong and am so glad that I did it. As I said above, I think the Botox works so well as it numbs the entry muscle and makes inserting, removing, and reinserting the dilators so possible and without the fear/pain/blocked feeling that comes with vaginismus. Please know that I am here for you and send my support.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.