Feeling Too Scared To Try

Find support and treatment options from participants and Maze Women’s Health staff.

Home Forums Vaginismus Support Group Vaginismus General Feeling Too Scared To Try

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    kemk2000
    Participant

Hello, I am new and trying to find out if vaginismus is what I’m struggling with or if it’s something else. After years of seemingly needless aversion to inserting anything inside I’ve decided that I really should try. However, upon trying with a finger I felt way too nervous and even a bit lightheaded to try. I ended up getting a set of dilators but can’t seem to be able to talk myself into putting anything more than a millimetre in on the smallest one. I am so scared to try to put it further! I’ve never inserted anything inside but would really like to be able to for the sake of myself and my partner of three years. Does anyone know if this is vaginismus or just some sort of anxiety? How can I push past my fear?

GirlfromEngland
    Participant

Hi KemK,

You sound exactly like me. I simply had a fear of inserting anything into my vagina. The thought of it alone made me panic. I started a relationship last year and really thought I needed to face this issue head on and try and find a solution.

I am based in England and found a great doctor in London who was easily and painlessly able to diagnose vaginismus. He performed the Botox treatment on me and I am pleased to say it was a success and I am now able to use the largest dilator. This was just unfathomable to me a short time ago! The Botox treatment really does work and I am so glad I did it. I would recommend you see a gynaecologist to discuss vaginismus so they can confirm if this is what you have. It sounds like it. I would definitely recommend you look into botox as it sounds like you would also benefit from this. It’s a great weight off your shoulders once it’s sorted. Good luck!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.