Early Intercourse-Sexual Positions

Find support and treatment options from participants and Maze Women’s Health staff.

Home Forums Vaginismus Support Group Vaginismus Post-Procedure Early Intercourse-Sexual Positions

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Olivia
    Participant

I was wondering what sexual positions everyone has found to be most comfortable post procedure?

I am about two months post procedure, and our first couple times trying intercourse we experimented with a few different positions to see which was the most comfortable. So far I have found woman on top to be the most comfortable and depending on the amount of time I dilate have found the missionary position to be painful…

Heather34
    Participant

Hi Olivia! I am just reading your post tonight and absolutely LOVE following your story as well as your roomies, Kim and Nicole. The three of you are doing absolutely AMAZING!!! I just wrote to Kim this evening:

http://www.vaginismusmd.com/vaginismus-md-forum/?mingleforumaction=viewtopic&t=674.2#postid-3904

I found two very helpful threads concerning early intercourse – sexual positions and hope this helps! Sending hugs!!!

Positions of Comfort Post-Vaginismus
    http://www.vaginismusmd.com/vaginismus-md-forum/?mingleforumaction=viewtopic&t=217

1. Hi ladies. In the beginning of life after vaginismus, whenever my hubby and I would make love, I would still almost involuntarily do the “leg-lock” with the standard missionary position. To overcome this, we began having intercourse in the “doggy-style” (from behind) position as it is impossible to close your legs; I found it very comfortable; and we both really enjoyed this.

2. Dr. Pacik was instrumental in helping us find a position that would work for us. We, too, have used a come-from-behind type style, but – to me – it feels a little bit more like spooning – with my husband behind me. I need to adjust my top leg (lean that forward), but it does avoid “leg lock” and allows my husband easy “access.”

3. We ended up in the missionary position with my legs up in the air around his neck. We had a couple of few failed attempts at first but did not give up! In that particular position I didn’t feel as vulnerable as when I was in missionary with my legs/knees open (similar to the position for an exam or something) and leg lock set in. This way my legs were up and out of the way and I was able to insert his penis in the direction that felt most comfortable for me (angling to my left side).

4. Our favorite position so far is side by side, where he can start penetration slowly and increase the rythm and depth as we go. We have learned that this position allows access to some other erogenous zones (i.e breasts) at the same time.

Transitioning: Early Intercourse

http://www.vaginismusmd.com/vaginismus-md-forum/?mingleforumaction=viewtopic&t=231

The woman-on-top position worked so well for us. Hopefully we are working up to a point where I will feel comfortable enough to allow him to move. I believe we will attempt it with me on top and then transition to the missionary position as well. That should provide us an easy transition into male thrusting. 🙂

Heather34
    Participant

Hi ladies. In an excellent recent post, Karen who successfully transitioned to intercourse wrote:

“We are beyond happy and excited. In terms of positions, I have a slightly tilted pelvis which was discussed with Dr. Pacik while we were in NH for the procedure. Obviously we are still working on which positions work best but what definitely worked for me was scooting myself to the edge of the bed while laying on my back and my husband standing. Again, no pain whatsoever and I could use my hand to help guide to the correct angle. I am still in complete shock.”

This is so, so wonderful and so exciting again Karen! :):):) I also completely agree with the use of this position. For quite a while, my hubby and I only used the “doggy-style” from behind position as this was the best for entry where I would not involuntarily close my legs (“leg lock”). Then, we tried this edge of the bed position with him standing and I resting my legs on his shoulders and it worked very well and was also comfortable and pleasurable.

Ladies, what other early-intercourse sexual positions do you recommend here???

Heather34
    Participant

Hi ladies. In an excellent patient testimonial, the following was noted regarding early intercourse sexual positions:

“Anonymous Patient (Update for days 24-32): The most comfortable positions so far have been the stomach position and when we both are on our sides. These positions tend to lend to not such a deep penetration which is good right now. I think me on top although good for control allows for more penetration. The standard missionary position isn’t too bad but seems to be better if I have a pillow or two under my butt. This position was always suggested to me by my P.T. because she said it also causes the pelvic floor to be relaxed.”

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.