Dilation

Find support and treatment options from participants and Maze Women’s Health staff.

Viewing 12 posts - 16 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Author
    mazemelissa

It does sound like an allergic reaction to something. However, I usually don’t hear of systemic reactions from a lubricant, usually just a local reaction. My guess is that it is something else, but to be safe, why don’t you stop dilation for a few days, take some benedryl, and wait for the redness and itching to resolve. If you are having any trouble breathing, go to the ER. I would also switch to a different lubricant, just to see if that changes anything when you do resume dilation. I would also follow up with dermatology or internal medicine if the itching and redness does not resolve.

Shazi
    Participant

Hi Mellisa,

thank you so much for all your guidelines.
    i am still struggling very much with dilation but and just not giving up, not moving further than 3.
    is there anything like Dr Pacik Glass dilators available in UK?
    seen one thing online which is IC RELIEF fit but not sure if its same as Dr Pacik Glass Dilators?
    IC Relief EZ Fit on stress no more site

can you advise.

Thanks

mazemelissa

The glass dilators the Dr. Pacik created with Crystal Delights are very specific. Here is the link:
    https://crystaldelights.com/shop/dilators/

They are very different than the IC relief EZ fit. You can try the IC relief EZ fit, but it is a very different shape than the Pacik glass dilators.

I would also consider finding a pelvic flood physical therapist in your area to help you progress further with the dilators.

mazemelissa

The glass dilators the Dr. Pacik created with Crystal Delights are very specific. Here is the link:
    https://crystaldelights.com/shop/dilators/

They are very different than the IC relief EZ fit. You can try the IC relief EZ fit, but it is a very different shape than the Pacik glass dilators.

I would also consider finding a pelvic floor physical therapist in your area to help you progress further with the dilators.

Shazi
    Participant

Hi Mellisa,

Thank you, is there any chance that these can be delivered in UK?

I Tried to buy them but order does not go through on checkout asking for estate details.

Thanks
    Shazi

Heather34
    Participant

Hi Shazi! I don’t know the answer to the question about the Pacik Glass dilators, but I wanted to send you my thoughts and support today. In regards to your other 2 questions, I so hope this helps.

Is there any tip of dealing with No.4 as i am not progressing more than 3 at the moment?
    I found some key posts on dilator advancement as well as prior blog that I hope help so much.
    Dr. Pacik replied to a Forum member who was finding advancing to the next dilator to be difficult:
    “It would be fine to start the lidocaine jelly again either 1% over the counter or 2% with a Rx…. Try putting the dilator in the fridge so it is nice and cold when inserting. This may help. A cold dilator can be combined with the lidocaine can be helpful.”
    Blog regarding dilator advancement
    http://www.vaginismusmd.com/dilator-advancement-getting-unstuck/

Is there any disadvantage or harm in sleeping with dilator?
    I don’t believe there is any disadvantage or harm in sleeping with the dilators. I slept with dilators 2-3 times per week for one year following my procedure. The only thing that I had to be careful about is over-dilating as this would cause soreness and a set-back. For example, if I dilated for longer than a couple of hours during the day and then it was one of the nights that I slept with the dilator, it would cause a lot of soreness.

Sending hugs and support Shazi!!!!

Shazi
    Participant

Thanks Heather.
    I was diagnosed as level 4 vaginismus.
    But with the help of Dr pacik guidelines I have progressed to number 3.
    really emotional at this stage like half way through to my goal but not success full. Just really want to get over and have a normal life.

Thank you so much .

Heather34
    Participant

Hi Shazi! Please know that I am here for you! I think it is absolutely AMAZING and so, so awesome that you have done so well in progressing with the dilators and I absolutely KNOW that you will overcome. I don’t know how to post a pic on the Forum but found a very, very good quote that I wanted to share:
    “Whenever you
    find yourself
    doubting how
    far you can go.
    just remember
    how far you
    have come.
    Remember
    everything you
    have faced, all
    the battles you
    have won, and
    all the fears
    you have
    overcome.”

mazemelissa

HI Shazi,

I contacted the crystal delights representative, and they do ship to the UK, but are having some trouble with their website right now.

She recommended that you email her directly, and she will help get your order processed.

shellie@crystaldelights.com

Keep us updated!

Melissa

Shazi
    Participant

Thanks Melissa, i have dropped her an email , waiting for response.

Heather thank you for your support.;) yes that is so true what you have said,touched my heart.

i also believe that i should not be afraid of shadows anymore they simply mean that there is a light shinning nearby.

Shazi

Heather34
    Participant

Hi Shazi! You wrote:

“I also believe that I should not be afraid of shadows anymore they simply mean that there is a light shining nearby!!!”

This is absolutely beautiful and made me smile so huge right now! I love the fact that we can talk back and forth to each other and it not only helps us but is helping many other Forum members who are also reading this but have not posted. Many are also on their own journey of overcoming vaginismus and the tips that we talk about in regards to the dilators and everything else is helping them and giving them great ideas too.

Sending you hugs from Boston and support today and always!!!!

Heather34
    Participant

Hi Shazi. How is your week going? I found some further dilation tips from Dr. P that I wanted to send you:

“Most women with vaginismus have spasm involving the entry muscle. The higher muscles may be tight but usually not in spasm. Therefore once one gets past the entry muscle, about one inch (2.5cm), the dilator practically “falls in” and the rest of the dilation process becomes easy. It is also helpful to do a series of Kegels, with complete relaxation of the pelvis on the 5th Kegel, and then insert. Also the use of a vibrator has been shown to help relaxation when dilating. Always use lots of lube.”

Viewing 12 posts - 16 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.