Dilating Overnight

Find support and treatment options from participants and Maze Women’s Health staff.

Home Forums Vaginismus Support Group Vaginismus Dilating Dilating Overnight

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    tigerkitty
    Participant

Hi! 🙂

I do use lubricant when sleeping with my dilator in. I use water-based.

The first weeks that I slept with the dilator in was kind of uncomfortable. I remember being so scared about taking it out in the morning. I think only on one occasion it was pretty dry so I just turned the dilator at the bottom clock wise and it came right out. I don’t even notice the dryness now. I just squat with my legs apart and pull it out.

I sleep with my dilator in every other night. I honestly don’t even notice anything being in now! I sleep just fine. Like I said the first couple of nights are uncomfortable but don’t give up because it gets easier! 🙂 Take a Tylenol PM at first and that will help!

I wear tight undies (spandex) to sleep and it has never slipped out. I am also a crazy sleeper!

I feel like sleeping with the dilators in have helped me tremendously! Good luck! You can do it!:)

Allie
    Participant

Hi! 🙂

I do use lubricant when sleeping with my dilator in. I use water-based.

The first weeks that I slept with the dilator in was kind of uncomfortable. I remember being so scared about taking it out in the morning. I think only on one occasion it was pretty dry so I just turned the dilator at the bottom clock wise and it came right out. I don’t even notice the dryness now. I just squat with my legs apart and pull it out.

I sleep with my dilator in every other night. I honestly don’t even notice anything being in now! I sleep just fine. Like I said the first couple of nights are uncomfortable but don’t give up because it gets easier! 🙂 Take a Tylenol PM at first and that will help!

I wear tight undies (spandex) to sleep and it has never slipped out. I am also a crazy sleeper!

I feel like sleeping with the dilators in have helped me tremendously! Good luck! You can do it!:)

tigerkitty
    Participant

Thank you, Allie! That’s made me feel a lot better about trying it. 🙂

Nakitalab
    Participant

Hi tigerkitty, I too use lubricant when I sleep with my dilator overnight. Since I am post menopausal I was very concerned with dryness. I have found that I like the surgilube the best and Dr. Pacik had also suggested that I put cocoa butter on the dilator as well as it will not be absorbed as quickly as the water-based lubricants. Like Allie, I was very nervous about sleeping with one my first night and it was a bit uncomfortable. I wear a panty liner and tight underwear when it is my night to sleep with one in. There have been a couple of times where it felt dry and hard to remove the next morning but Dr. Pacik and Ellen suggested that we slowly rotate the dilator to unlock the seal and it works great. It does feel awkward at times but it is not painful and it is so worth it. I truly believe it is an important part of the dilating process. Keep us posted on how it goes when you feel comfortable to try it. 🙂

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.