Dilating alternatives (other than the Pacik line)

Find support and treatment options from participants and Maze Women’s Health staff.

Home Forums Vaginismus Support Group Vaginismus Dilating Dilating alternatives (other than the Pacik line)

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Glumbumble
    Participant

That does clear things up, thank you Dr. Pacik.

Heather34
    Participant

Hi Glumbumble. Dr. Pacik or Ellen would probably know the most about this question but here are a few of my thoughts as a formerly treated patient. I believe that the dilators are a completely different stretching experience than the dildo that you described. What helped me so much in the beginning post-procedure is practicing with progressive dilation with the silicone “pure romance” dilators. For example, I would begin with the medium purple and leave this one in for around 30 minutes. Thereafter, I would insert the next sized pink and leave this one in for around 30-60 minutes. And, finally, I would insert the next sized largest blue and leave this one in for 60 minutes. I would also sleep with either the purple or pink “pure romance” dilator every other night. This is what worked the best for me but everyone’s dilation schedule varies. If you haven’t already, I would definitely suggest contacting Dr. Pacik to discuss treatment options. This is the one treatment that worked to cure my vaginismus after so many years of suffering and I would recommend it to everyone. Hope this helps!

Glumbumble
    Participant

I noticed though that the glass dilators are 3.5″ long, which I know helps you to sleep comfortably with them and to walk around, but is that helpful in terms of stretching it ‘all the way’? I mean, most men are longer than 3.5″, so what about stretching the vaginal walls higher up? Or are they just not as tight as the entry muscles, so there’s no need to stretch them?

Dr. Pacik
    Participant

For most women the spasm of vaginismus involves mostly the entry muscle. This is why the history of “hitting a wall” is so important. The “wall” is at the entry.
    So in these situations any dilator that is inserted more than about two inches will stretch this muscle. The muscles higher towards the cervix do not appear to be important to stretch for most women and therefore long dilators are not needed. Hope this helps.

Glumbumble
    Participant

That does clear things up, thank you Dr. Pacik.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.