Daily Question (1/17/11) – Motivation to Dilate

Find support and treatment options from participants and Maze Women’s Health staff.

Home Forums Vaginismus Support Group Daily Questions About Vaginismus Daily Question (1/17/11) – Motivation to Dilate

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Heather34
    Participant

Hi ladies. Dr. P’s blogs are so great to read and very informative. Today, he discusses single and dilating. He writes “it’s hard to stay motivated when single and dilating daily can be tiring, especially with a busy work schedule…yet, one needs to stay with the program so that one day vaginismus does not get in the way of a new relationship … perseverance is very important and ultimately rewarding.” For all ladies reading this, both single and in a relationship, what have you done to stay motivated to do daily dilating???

Diana
    Participant

Hi Heather! I’ve been married for almost 8 years and what keeps me motivated is to think about the so many years that I spent praying for a cure. Now that Dr. Pacik has done his part, I feel obligated to do my part by following the dilation program. I generally put aside a couple of hours in the evening for dilation or split them up by putting my alarm 1 hour before waking up and inserting the pink dilator in and going back to sleep. Then, I’ll dilate another hour in the evening, right before going to bed. It hasn’t been easy but you have to keep in mind the reason why you are doing this. To me the main reason is the ability to make love to my husband and the thought about how much we love each other helps a lot! We have started to have baby making sessions and that also, feels great! Persevere and you will get your reward, sooner or later!

Heather34
    Participant

I love this post Diana! My motivation, too, just comes from the fact that IT WORKS! If you dilate, dilate, dilate, you will be able to make love to your husband/partner and experience one of the most amazing joys in the world!!! And, what’s more fun than a baby-making session??? LOVE this! Have you tried the pre-seed lubricant? It’s fertility friendly and works so, so well!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.