Congratulations to Dr. Pacik on Patient 150!!!

Find support and treatment options from participants and Maze Women’s Health staff.

Home Forums Vaginismus Support Group Vaginismus General Congratulations to Dr. Pacik on Patient 150!!!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Heather34
    Participant

Hi ladies. In reply to a post today, Dr. P wrote “of 150 patients I treated for vaginismus between 2005 and Jan. 2012.” This is amazing and my sincere CONGRATULATIONS to you on reaching #150. This is a wonderful milestone and we are all so, so thankful to you for changing our lives for the better!!! Thank you from the bottom of my heart and congrats!!!

Dr. Pacik
    Participant

Just got an email from her, she achieved intercourse on day 2!! Way to go girl!! More under Success.

Anonymous

Dr. Pacik – thank you for all that you do!!! Also – thank you for believing in us and not thinking we were crazy.

evillemure
    Participant

Dr. Pacik, thanks for suggesting I log onto your website. I have a few patients that may benefit from your treatment and we have talked about what you do during our treatment sessions. I have always been in awe of the patient I sent your way a few years ago and the success she made.

Dr. Pacik
    Participant

Thanks Erika for you kind remarks. I’m thrilled that you joined the Forum. By way of introduction, Erika is a physical therapist in Manchester, NH. She has devoted her career to the treatment of pelvic floor disorders. We as a Forum are very lucky to have her on board.
    We collaborated on a patient more than two years ago who failed to make progress with her vaginismus despite two separate sessions of PT. After being treated with the Botox program she achieved intercourse in 6 days. Crisley has been with me on numerous occasions to counsel newly treated patients and had the courage to do a YouTube which she then translated into Portuguese, her native tongue. This can be seen by linking to the resource center and viewing her YouTube done in 2 parts “A Patient’s Experience” http://www.vaginismusmd.com/resources/video-files/. With her courage, and more than 6,000 hits, Crisley has become a tireless advocate for other women who suffer as she did.
    I propose that we create a new topic devoted to questions that have to do with physical therapy as a treatment for vaginismus so that Erika can weigh in on this widely used type of treatment. Who might be a candidate for PT? Should PT be used as a first type of treatment? How does PT fit in with counseling? When should the Botox program be considered? How does PT work? How many sessions should be expected and when should a patient be referred for the Botox program? These are all important questions. Having Erika with us will broaden our knowledge. Thanks Erika for joining us. Dr.P.

Heather34
    Participant

Welcome to the forum Erika. I’ve created a separate topic to discuss vaginismus and physical therapy. This will be another excellent source of learning surrounding the condition of vaginismus and I’ve already asked a question. I look forward to reading your reply and we all look forward to talking to you further!!!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.