Blog: Vaginismus and Anxiety

Find support and treatment options from participants and Maze Women’s Health staff.

Home Forums Vaginismus Support Group Tips for Future Vaginismus Patients Blog: Vaginismus and Anxiety

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    Bessie
    Participant

Hi ESSAN

I had my procedure on the 3rd of April, and yes, it was pretty scary for a little while, and I found using the dilators the evening after the procedure and the next day quite painful (you are stretching muscles, so they ‘complain’). The best advice is to take lots of Advil and keep at it. I took a break to fly home to South Africa, so did not dilate for nearly 2 days, and when I got home, I put in the purple (medium dilator) and there was no pain 🙂

Since then it has got easier and easier, I have progressed to the second largest dilator which I use every day, religiously, and 16 days after the procedure I was able to have pain-free intercourse!! In fact, it wasn’t just pain-free, it was fun and pleasurable! My husband and I are now having fun and experimenting with positions and different rooms in the house!!! I couldn’t even picture this a month ago – what Dr P and his team does is truly awesome and really does work!

Find the money, book the leave and go and do it, it will be the best thing you can do for yourself (and your current or future relationships). I know I sound a bit like a fanatic, but I really am just so thrilled to finally be ‘normal’ again, to enjoy sex with my hubby and to be cured of something that so many docs told me was in my head!

Good luck, you are welcome to contact me if you want to chat more about anything. If you do, ask Dr P for my email 🙂

Diana
    Participant

Hi ladies, I feel so excited for you! My husband and I struggled with vaginismus for more than 7 years before we decided to visit Dr. Pacik. We came across his information about a year before we finally decided to schedule the procedure. The only regret we have now is that we wish we had done it sooner, you will be so happy with the results. My hubby and I are now trying to conceive a baby and every month is full of excitement. This was unthinkable for us before treatment. Good luck to you!!

coffee
    Participant

i am thinking about getting the procedure done as well nervous that it will not work for me as well, i have tried everything physical therapy, dilaters, annthesic cream, mental therapy, been married 15 years and have not had intercouse

coffee
    Participant

very stressed and nervous

Heather34
    Participant

Hi coffee. Welcome to the forum and thank you for your post. We share such a similar story. I, too, had vaginismus for several years prior to treatment (for 11 years of our relationship, including 5 years of our marriage). I felt the exact same way as you do right now and felt like I would be the only patient that it wouldn’t work for. Also, I, too, tried several different treatments and had no success. This treatment is what FINALLY worked for us; we were able to make love pain-free within 1 week post-procedure; and we’ve enjoyed a full year of pain-free and FUN intercourse. Please know that you’re not alone in this and you have all of our support. I look very forward to reading more of your posts.

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.