Anal relaxants for vaginismus?

Find support and treatment options from participants and Maze Women’s Health staff.

Home Forums Vaginismus Support Group Daily Questions About Vaginismus Anal relaxants for vaginismus?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    whirlwithoutmotion
    Participant

I’ve recently read about some women using anal relaxants in their vagina to ease the muscle tightness from vaginismus. Has anyone else heard anything about this, tried it, or been told anything by their doctors about it? I’m concerned most about how they will possibly affect vaginal pH, but otherwise they seem interesting.

mazemelissa

We use Valium suppositories in our center quite often. Patients can insert them vaginally or rectally to help soften and relax the pelvic floor. Valium suppositories are only available by prescription, and they need to be made by a compounding pharmacy. I have seen good results using them in conjunction with PT and dilation. They have minimal to no side effects, and are very well tolerated. My patients are instructed to use one suppository every night for one month, and then three times a week after that for the next month if needed.

Heather34
    Participant

This is so interesting to read as I have never heard of it before. I remember being extremely nervous prior to my Botox procedure as I never could insert a thing (even the smallest sized tampon). In fact, I almost had my husband turn the car around on our trip to NH as I had convinced myself I would not be able to do the dilating despite the Botox. I was completely wrong and am so happy that we drove forward and I had the procedure and was able to successfully dilate afterwards. For anyone reading this thread for the first time, it would be so worthwhile to contact Maze and work with them in any possible way that you can as, again, they understand so much about the condition of vaginismus.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.