Airport Security/Dilators

Find support and treatment options from participants and Maze Women’s Health staff.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Nakitalab
    Participant

I wanted to share with everyone about Airport Security and the dilators. Dr. Pacik highly recommended that we pack our dilators in our carry-on so that if our luggage got lost we wouldn’t get off track on our dilating schedule. So I packed the Pure Romance dilators in my suitcase and packed my glass dilators in my carry-on. Boy was I ever nervous. I originally was in a line with women security but at the last minute they moved me to a different line that was all men, which really got my heart racing. But it was a piece of cake. They went through without incident. Dr. Pacik also has a letter that he will give you to take with you so that if by slim chance you do get questioned, the letter will explain that they are medical devices. When I got home and opened up my checked bag I did find a note saying they had to open up my bag for inspection, but it all went through. I wanted to share this with you so that you don’t have anxiety like I did if when you fly back home. :0)

Allie
    Participant

This is a great post. I put my glass dilators in my carry on bag along with the pure romance dilators. (Also, the lube with lidocaine). I layed the note on top just as you mentioned and everything was fine! I did receive a couple funny looks, but who cares?! Not like we will be seeing these people ever again! 🙂

Janet Pacik
    Participant

Dr. Pacik and I have just finished creating a letter for every patient to receive after treatment. This letter states “This person is under medical treatment and will be traveling with a set of silicone and/or glass dilators, which are medical devices and pose no security threat.” It is signed by Dr. Pacik and is on our letterhead. 99 percent of the time this is not necessary but we feel that it is important for our patients to lessen their anxiety about going through airport security.

Nakitalab
    Participant

That is great! It will really help those traveling feel less anxious. :0) Thank you!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.