120 Days Post Procedure:

Find support and treatment options from participants and Maze Women’s Health staff.

Home Forums Vaginismus Support Group Daily Questions About Vaginismus 120 Days Post Procedure:

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    mmbayles91
    Participant

I had my operation on August 7th, 2012 by Dr. Pacik and his amazing staff, I just wanted to let everyone know that I am still doing very good, although the botox is slowly wearing off, I can still put my dilator in in about 5 seconds or less. I can feel that muscle that was not contracting while botox was in effect, but it doesn’t cause me pain, I always think that as long as I dilate normally and dial up to the pink and the big blue, I will continue to have pain free sex. I was wondering when will I ever be able to have spontaneous sex, how long will I need to keep dilating? I know I am only at the beginning of my progress, but I would just like to know an estimated time that I would need to keep dilating before I’m actually cured of this…

Thank you!!

Dr. Pacik
    Participant

I recommend about 12 months of working with the dilators. This seems to be long enough to avoid regression. It is important to continue dilating up to at least the pink #5. Especially with the Botox wearing off at about four months continued dilation is important. One hour a day, at this interval, and continued sleeping with the purple #4 every 2-3 nights is advised.

For more spontaneous sex and improved libido please visit the vaginismus aids page [url] http://www.vaginismusmd.com/vaginismus/vaginismus-aids/%5B/url%5D
    and check out the links on the left hand menu, especially the Lelo, Candy Stick and Sex Smart Films. These aids are designed especially for my vaginismus patients. Any thoughts from the “veterans”?

Heather34
    Participant

This is a really good question mmbayles. It goes along well with the question that arose previously had – how do you know when you are truly cured from vaginismus? Define “cured”. Is it when you are able to transition to intercourse? Have a successful ob/gyn exam? Or have spontaneous sex? I believe that the definition is very different for all of us. For me personally, I felt like I was officially “cured” when my hubby and I made love for the first time ever and entirely pain-free, just 7-days post procedure. This is when I believe that I was officially “cured” from vaginismus as this is what prevented us from making love and sharing such a special thing for so many years of our marriage. Following this, I also felt “cured” and just so proud when I had my first successful ob/gyn exam as I had previously had horrible experiences with these while having vaginismus. Then, later on, we decided to try spontaneous sex, where I didn’t dilate at all prior and this, too, was another amazing milestone and furthered this feeling of being “cured”. It definitely took a while to be able to have spontaneous intercourse though. For the longest time, I dilated with the pure romance blue dilator for at least an hour prior to making love. The first time that we had spontaneous intercourse with no dilating whatsoever, I remember being a little nervous but my husband was so supportive and so confident that I didn’t need to dilate at all prior and it just made me feel very comfortable and trust him entirely. Now, I never use dilators prior to intercourse. Something that we do enjoy, however, is using vibrators as part of our foreplay prior to making love. This is similar to dilating and, thus, I know that I will be stretched out and ready for intercourse and it’s also very pleasurable and wonderful thing to share together. I would definitely recommend the new Lelo Liv mmbayles as it can be a wonderful part of foreplay prior to intercourse and can also help you to feel like you don’t have to dilate immediately prior and can then try spontaneous sex. Hope this helps!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.