What do you think of when you hear the word “Botox”?

Find support and treatment options from participants and Maze Women’s Health staff.

Home Forums Vaginismus Support Group Vaginismus Aids What do you think of when you hear the word “Botox”?

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Heather34
    Participant

Hi ladies. There is an excellent new Blog posted, titled: Opening Doors with Botox: It’s More than Just Cosmetic:

http://www.vaginismusmd.com/opening-doors-botox-just-cosmetic/

Excerpts from the Blog include:

“When people hear the word “Botox,” their mind may immediately go to cosmetic plastic surgery. But Botox is so much more than that. It’s not just for individuals that want to look good – it’s for women that want to finally feel good after years of feeling locked out of life. Vaginismus treatment with Botox is truly a breakthrough procedure that has changed the lives of many women.

This vaginismus treatment with Botox program is successful because it weakens the affected spastic muscles. But there’s more than that. Our program includes the all-important dilators or post-procedure support. We’ve seen women get treated with Botox alone – their success rate isn’t nearly as high.”

Prior to discovering this treatment, whenever I heard the word Botox, I would think of it being used for facials and cosmetically. Now, post-procedure, I know that Botox is so much more than this as it helped to cure my 11+ year struggle with vaginismus when nothing else that we tried did.

What do you think of when you hear the word “Botox”? For the treated patients, how have your thoughts associated with this word changed?

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.