Update – 6 months post procedure

Find support and treatment options from participants and Maze Women’s Health staff.

Home Forums Vaginismus Support Group Vaginismus General Update – 6 months post procedure

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Firenze13
    Participant

Hi everyone! I just wanted to give an update on how everything is going 6 months out! It still truly amazes me that I am able to have sex! A couple of spontaneous times, my boyfriend and I have even done it without me dilating first. I still usually have slight discomfort during sex and we have only tried another position once. I will hopefully feel more comfortable changing it up soon. The last time we did it, it was actually very close to being totally pain-free! I’m hoping that trend continues.

Lately, I’ve been able to cut back a bit in my schedule. Every now and then I’ll take a day off or dilate for less than 2 hours. I still haven’t been able to make it up to blue #6, but feel confident just working with pink glass #5.

We are going on vacation next week (to Europe for almost two weeks!) and I’m a bit nervous because I’m sure I won’t be able to dilate as often as I normally do. Hopefully just traveling with my boyfriend will help with that a bit.

I can’t believe it has been almost 6 months now. I noticed no difference in my dilating, so I really had no idea when the botox had worn off. That was one of the things I was most worried about, so try not to dwell on that!

I struggled for years with vaginismus, it had weighed on me since I was a teenager. I thought I had found the answer with physical therapy, but after over two years of constant PT and making such little progress and feeling completely defeated, I am still so grateful that I finally made the decision to have this procedure. I really could only dream of being where I am now!

Next step is getting up the nerve to try an exam at the gynecologist – still one of my biggest fears even after all the progress I have made. Hopefully I can successfully report back on that soon!

Heather34
    Participant

Hi Firenze! You are doing so, so wonderful – HUGE CONGRATS on your amazing progress!!!!

Nakitalab
    Participant

Firenze, I’m so happy for you!!!!! What wonderful news! I hope you and your boyfriend have a fantastic European adventure!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.