Tampons

Find support and treatment options from participants and Maze Women’s Health staff.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Dr. Pacik
    Participant

Tampons and Menstrual Hygiene Products
    S Kanungo, HA Omar
    … Many girls are interested in using tampons from the onset of menarche. • Mothers or other
    family may be concerned about tampons affecting virginity: – Reassurance – Assurances
    of normalcy • Inability to use tampons: – Anxiety and vaginismus vs. …

I received this article from the U. of Kentucky and thought it might be of value. Tampon use is difficult, and in most cases impossible, because of vaginismus. Yet one of he wonderful outcomes of treatment is the ability to use tampons or other devices for menstrual comfort. We could all learn from others about their experiences and suggestions. Here is the link to the article:

http://uknowledge.uky.edu/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?article=1003&context=obgyn_facpub

Heather34
    Participant

This is a great article. Post-procedure, I was so, so, so, so happy to finally be able to use tampons. All through high school and college and my 20s, this was impossible and seriously annoying. One time, we all went on a planned group trip to Water Country and, of all days, I ended up getting my period and could not go on any of the waterslides, wave pool, or do anything there because I could only where pads at the time. Now, post-procedure, it is wonderful to be able to finally wear tampons. One trick that I did while first trying them out is actually dilating in advance and also using a bit of surgi-lube. It took a few attempts and trying different brands to finally find one that I felt comfortable wearing, but, again, thank God this is now possible!!!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.