READ THIS BEFORE POSTING

Find support and treatment options from participants and Maze Women’s Health staff.

Home Forums Vaginismus Support Group Please Read Before Posting READ THIS BEFORE POSTING

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Dr. Pacik
    Participant

We welcome all new users to the VaginismusMD Forum. I would like to suggest a few guidelines when registering to post on the forum. For privacy, please do not use your personal name as your user name or in setting up your profile. I would also like to suggest that you do not upload a personal photo of yourself, but rather an image that reflects your personality. Remember that any information you use when registering for the forum has the potential of not being private so please use discretion when registering. Thank you.

Dr. Pacik
    Participant

Please maintain the professional nature of this Forum. No matter how passionate, please do not use any profanities, nor any profane abbreviations. Thank you.

Janet Pacik
    Participant

I just noticed that there is a RSS feed located for each topic which is a great way of subscribing to new posts for a particular topic.

Janet Pacik
    Participant

Today, there are over 265 members of the VaginismusMD Forum and it continues to grow every day. Gone are the days that women with vaginismus have to feel completely alone and isolated in dealing with this painful condition. Now, we, as a community, are here to support each other through all of the ups, downs, and steps in the journey of overcoming vaginismus. No question is a silly question and no answer is a wrong one. Every day, we can all learn something new from each other and it is invaluable to have this level of support. I’d like to write a special message to the women who are a part of this Forum but who have never posted. Please know that we are all here to support you as well and every post that we write, every question asked, and every answer provided is also to help and support you and you are NEVER alone in this journey. I believe it is very important to post your questions and for the vets and others to write their answers in a reply post rather than personal e-mail as your answers are important, and, again, invaluable information to ALL of the Forum members who may also be undergoing the same challenges and are seeking an answer but are unable to ask in a post due to anxiety. Every post that you write is helping 265+ other women in this powerful community. Thank you and I look forward to reading your posts and supporting all of you.

katiem
    Participant

Thanks for the explanations. This sounds exciting! I don’t know what “RSS feed” is, but will look in to it.

Thank you.

Janet Pacik
    Participant

For privacy, please do not use your personal name as your user name or in setting up your profile. I would also like to suggest that you do not upload a personal photo of yourself as your avatar, but rather an image that reflects your personality. Remember that any information you use when registering for the forum has the potential of not being private so please use discretion when registering. Thank you.

Janet Pacik
    Participant

Today, there are over 600 members of the VaginismusMD Forum and it continues to grow every day. Gone are the days that women with vaginismus have to feel completely alone and isolated in dealing with this painful condition. Now, we, as a community, are here to support each other through all of the ups, downs, and steps in the journey of overcoming vaginismus. As Dr. Pacik has said, when three patients are treated with Botox for vaginismus on the same day, we start with different degrees of severity of the vaginismus and different levels of anxiety. Each patient then follows along a different course. Some sail through with the large dilators, others struggle. Some achieve early intercourse while others take longer. This is all emphasized during the counseling sessions so no one feels left behind. It is the final victory of overcoming lifelong vaginismus that counts. With that being said, please maintain the professional nature of this Forum and refrain from describing other patients’ experiences and journeys as they are private and unique to that patient. Thank you all for your continued support and participation. Every day, we can all learn something new from each other and it is invaluable to have this level of shared support through the VaginismusMD Forum.

Heather34
    Participant

Hi all. I love this message to ALL members of the Forum and appreciate each and every one of you very much. Currently, there are over 800 Forum members and it continues to grow every day. As previously said, “Gone are the days that women with vaginismus have to feel completely alone and isolated in dealing with this painful condition. Now, we, as a community, are here to support each other through all of the ups, downs, and steps in the journey of overcoming vaginismus. No question is a silly question and no answer is a wrong one. Every day, we can all learn something new from each other and it is invaluable to have this level of support. I’d like to write a special message to the women who are a part of this Forum but who have never posted. Please know that we are all here to support you as well and every post that we write, every question asked, and every answer provided is also to help and support you and you are NEVER alone in this journey. I believe it is very important to post your questions and for the vets and others to write their answers in a reply post rather than personal e-mail as your answers are important, and, again, invaluable information to ALL of the Forum members who may also be undergoing the same challenges and are seeking an answer but are unable to ask in a post due to anxiety. Every post that you write is helping 800+ other women in this powerful community.”

Anonymous
    Inactive

A few months ago, Dr. Pacik entrusted us with continuing the wonderful care he has provided for his patients. We don’t take that trust lightly. We strive to provide the same passion, level of concern and professionalism with every woman that we treat.

In the meantime, one of our projects was to get this forum moving a bit more efficiently. It was slow to load and slow to respond. We know you all have busy lives– and we want this to be a place you can come to often and share all your experiences, thoughts and feelings. So welcome home, and we look forward to hearing from all of you often.

Bat Sheva

Heather34
    Participant

This is a wonderful post Dr.BatSheva. It is beyond wonderful to know that there is an excellent group out there who is also continuing to offer the Botox treatment program for vaginismus and so, importantly not only understand what each of us has gone through with it but truly care so much about us as well as our success in overcoming!!!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.