Quotes to Inspire

Find support and treatment options from participants and Maze Women’s Health staff.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Heather34
    Participant

Hi ladies. There was an excellent thread recently regarding a patient’s pre-procedure anxiety and fears.

In it, she wrote:
    “solving this problem is going to open up a can of worms in terms of intimacy, trust, shyness, etc. between my fiancé and I. All that stuff has been swept under the rug for years because we weren’t having sex and we’ve become complacent in our lack of power over the problem. Standing up and staring vaginismus in the face is terrifying.”

Dr. Pacik replied:
    “Most of us do become complacent with what is. Change disrupts the balance and is more work. We have to pack up our belongings and move elsewhere, physically and mentally. What if the move makes us unhappy? Change represents moving into the unknown, a leap of faith that we are making the right decision. Know that you are not alone with these thoughts.”

In reading this thread, I think it would be very inspiring to share some of our favorite quotes regarding faith, courage, hope, and really anything else that you think could be helpful. Here is one I recently found:

“Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgment that something else is more important than fear.”

silverperl
    Participant

“Bravery is the capacity to perform properly even when scared half to death.” ~ Omar N. Bradley This pretty much sums up my vaginismus journey. I pushed through it and put on a “its no big deal” front but I was scared I would never be “fixed.

K Howard
    Participant

“Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgement that something else is more important than fear.”
    – Ambrose Redmoon

This quote really pushes me. It let’s me know that it’s okay for me to have the fear but I have to ensure that the fear I have is less important than the things I want in life (to consummate my marriage, have a family, enjoy being “normal”).

K Howard
    Participant

One step back doesn’t mean you’re defeated, it only means you’re going to take the same step forward again, but this time, WISER…janMD

This one definitely hits home for me being that I will have the surgery for the 2nd time on August 13th (the first go around would be 3 years ago this November). I am definitely taking the same step of courage forward but this time there are some pretty big differences…definitely wiser this go around!

Heather34
    Participant

If I can’t fix everything today, I’ll just fix one thing.
    If I can’t help myself, I’ll just help another.
    If I can’t lift my hand, I’ll just lift my finger.
    If I can’t run, I’ll just walk.
    If I don’t know how I’ll go on, I’ll just go on anyway without knowing how.
    If I don’t know where I’m going, I’ll just keep going somewhere.
    Today, I’ll do something that I think I can’t do, and then I’ll know that I can do something.
    I have the world at my fingertip.
    ~ Jean-Guy Martin

Heather34
    Participant

“To get through the hardest journey we need take only one step at a time, but we must keep on stepping.” – Chinese Proverb

Heather34
    Participant

“I believe in pink. I believe that laughing is the best calorie burner. I believe in kissing, kissing a lot. I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day and I believe in miracles.”
    -Audrey Hepburn

Heather34
    Participant

One day and one moment can define the months and years from that point forward. But HOW it defines your life is a result of the decisions you make including the decision to be thankful in all things; to love yourself and others through it; to make changes where necessary; and to let the love of others be felt to your core even when you think you are strong and can conquer it all alone!

Heather34
    Participant

Hi all. I received this in an e-mail this morning and wanted to share:

“Today may there be peace within. May you trust that you are exactly where you are meant to be. May you not forget the infinite possibilities that are born of faith in yourself and others. May you use the gifts that you have received and pass on the love that has been given to you. May you be content with yourself just the way you are. Let this knowledge settle into your bones and allow your soul the freedom to sing, dance, praise, and love. It is there for each and every one of us.”

Heather34
    Participant

“Promise me you’ll always remember that you’re braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you know.” ~Christopher Robin to Winnie the Pooh

Heather34
    Participant

“Self-esteem creates natural highs. Knowing that you’re lovable helps you to love more. Knowing that you’re important helps you to make a difference to others. Knowing that you are capable empowers you to create more. Knowing that you’re valuable and that you have a special place in the universe is a serene spiritual joy in itself.” Louise Hart

Heather34
    Participant

I wanted to add Katie’s excellent quote to this thread:

“I have come to accept the feeling of not knowing where I am going. And I have trained myself to love it. Because it is only when we are suspended in mid-air with no landing in sight, that we force our wings to unravel and alas begin our flight. And as we fly, we still may not know where we are going to. But the miracle is in the unfolding of the wings. You may not know where you’re going, but you know that so long as you spread your wings, the winds will carry you.”

Let’s keep it going. Can you think of any quotes to inspire???

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.