Questions for March and April 2014 Patients

Find support and treatment options from participants and Maze Women’s Health staff.

Home Forums Vaginismus Support Group Daily Questions About Vaginismus Questions for March and April 2014 Patients

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • Author
    Rachael
    Participant

Well its packing day and my nerves are so rattled my brain can’t focus on clothes… Does purple go with green,does yellow go with red…polka-dot and stripes….. Oh who knows right now. We are leaving bright and early tomorrow morning to get on the road and get to the hotel by evening. We’re coming up from south jersey.
    Food has not been my friend this week. Belly in turmoil. So now I’m adding dinner worries..and meals tomorrow… Also not been sleeping.. ugh…please oh please oh please..this just has to work.

Cant wait to meet all of you. Everyone I’ve spoken to on the phone has been so nice.

sarah25
    Participant

I’m in Boston!! We are driving to Manchester NH right now.
    Rachel I’m nervous too but that’s ok we can be nervous together!
    What hotel are you staying in?

Rachael
    Participant

Hilton Garden Inn…. Packing my bathing suit to be able to decompress in the pool…keep breaking into nervous tears…not to break out the TMI…but I recently lost my mom/bestfriend over the summer. She knew all about this problem and this solution. She was all on board for it. I feel crazy not being able to talk to her and freak out on the phone. shehad the magic touch of talking me off the proverbial ledge.. I’m having a hard time wrapping my head around waking up with a size 5 dialtor inside me. Hunny says stop thinking about it… I give him a smarty pants exasperated look and say..I’m Not.. It keeps popping in there all by itself. Lol….

So how did you manage to sleep last night

sarah25
    Participant

We are in La Quinta Inn & Suites.
    I’m sorry to hear that you lost your Mom, that must have been horrible.
    I trying to avoid thinking about the dilation, the initial examination terrifies me enough! Just try to remember that we will have general anaesthetic so won’t feel much, that’s what is keeping me sane.
    I was having problems with my sleep and the doctor gave me sleeping tablets, I don’t like using them though.
    Last night I could barely sleep, I finally got to sleep at about 1am and had to be up at 5am to travel here, so I am exhausted. We are staying in the hotel tonight and getting take away, I have been feeling sick but I eat when I’m stressed, haha.
    I have mouth ulcers too, which I get when I am feeling stressed or run down.
    But other than that, I made it this far so it can see a light at the end of the tunnel -albeit a distant and dim one

Rachael
    Participant

There’s an examination…. Aaahhhhhhhhh. Well that should go terribly lol. any Dr who has tried failed…lol. my hubby is very supportive.. But you can miss the slight twinkle in his eye of the fun to come.. Lol. To stick to the postive..i keep listing all the positions I hope to try. Hehehehe.

sarah25
    Participant

Sorry didn’t mean to panic you! It’s just to determine the extent of the pain/ anxiety I think.
    Haha that’s a good thing to focus on 🙂

mlrchi
    Participant

Hi Ladies! That is fun you are getting to know each other before you meet in person! I had my procedure last Monday and I wanted to let you know that you will do great. The exam prior to the procedure is very quick just to determine your level of vaginismus and off to la la land you go! Dr. Pacik won’t do anything during the exam you can’t handle. Then just like everyone says the next thing you remember is waking up with the big dilator in! It really is quick and painless. I have been dilating every day since the procedure and my goal is to get the big blue guy in again! I have always had trouble with that one, so I am hoping the Botox will help. That is great your husbands are so supportive. It will make things much easier! My partner isn’t as supportive and I went to the procedure alone. It wasn’t really a big deal because everyone there is so friendly and welcoming! Dr. Pacik’s surgicenter is in an old, charming house so it seems much more personal than going to a hospital. We all even ate lunch with him in the kitchen on day 2! He is such a kind man he will put you all at ease, not to mention the awesome staff as well!

Good luck and let us know goes. You will all do great!

Mlrchi

Heather34
    Participant

Hi ladies. mlrchi, I am so, so, so happy and excited to hear that your procedure went well! I knew it would and I am so very happy for you. To the ladies who will be treated tomorrow, I just know that everything will go so well for you and you will all completely ROCK. I am so happy that you’ve been able to talk in advance of tomorrow on the Forum and get to know each other.

Dr. Pacik has written the following in an excellent thread:

“The Forum appears to have made a big difference for so many preparing for their treatment. With the amazing support that one can expect, gone are the days of intense fear and anxiety, now replaced with an empowered attitude knowing that so many have conquered their vaginismus. It may feel strange, but I have seen this shift during the past year, and it is all for the better. “Knowledge is power”. I know you will do well.”

Sending you all hugs and support!!!! :):):)

sarah25
    Participant

Panicking now.
    I have no idea what time I need to be at the centre. I know the appointment is 8:30 so going by the examples I’m assuming I have to be there by 7am but I am not sure 😕 . If anyone does see this please let me know.
    Thanks

Janet Pacik
    Participant

Hi sarah25 — I am very sorry that no one contacted you. You should have definitely been contacted by someone on our staff. I did check with Dr. Pacik and your appointment time is 9:30 a.m. We are looking forward to seeing you then. Janet Pacik

sarah25
    Participant
    Quote:
    Quote from Janet Pacik on March 31, 2014, 04:52
    Hi sarah25 — I am very sorry that no one contacted you. You should have definitely been contacted by someone on our staff. I did check with Dr. Pacik and your appointment time is 9:30 a.m. We are looking forward to seeing you then. Janet Pacik

Hi Janet, thats ok, I’m just pleased to know a time. Thank you

Janet Pacik
    Participant

Hi sarah25 — Janet Pacik again. Due to the bad weather conditions, your check-in time has been changed to 10:15 am. Please let me know that you received this message. Janet Pacik

sarah25
    Participant

Hi all, just thought I would update quickly. The procedure went well and I can now dilate up to the #6 dilator 3days post procedure, with minimal discomfort!
    I do have a UTI which is driving me mad. I am taking antibiotics and drinking lots of water but it seems to be stinging more than ever! I am still dilating but the UTI makes me feel as though I don’t want to, in fact I don’t want to do anything, which is a shame as we are in Boston.
    UTI aside though I am really pleased 🙂

Dr. Pacik
    Participant

Please see your doctor. A UTI is easy to treat and responds quickly to antibiotics. Medicine is available (which can be called in) to help with the discomfort. Both in combination work quite well.
    Sorry to hear your struggles.

Heather34
    Participant

Hi Sarah! Huge CONGRATS on your recent procedure. It is so amazing to see the transformation from nerves that I too experienced prior to my own procedure to now being able to dilate to #6 with minimal discomfort post-procedure. This is so, so cool! I’m very sorry to hear about your UTI though and so hope this clears up for you in no time at all. Sending you huge hugs!!!!

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.