Question about dilating

Find support and treatment options from participants and Maze Women’s Health staff.

Home Forums Vaginismus Support Group Vaginismus General Question about dilating

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    KatieG07
    Participant

Dr. P told me to ask my question I asked him today….

Do you have any suggestions on advancing to #6 glass? I feel very comfortable with 4 and 5 starting to not even have any pain putting 5 in yay!!! 4 is easy!!!! I’m getting anxious to try slowly advancing to having sex with my hubby. He thought he was between 5 & 6 but make himself big and broke the news to me he is a 6. I know some people say they can have sex with out getting to the 6 but I’m nervous it won’t happen. Any advices to those dilating divas?

Look forward to your help
    Katie

23years
    Participant

Congratulations!!

I was going to be asking the same question because my hubby is bigger than 5 but less than 6 (he was obsessive about measuring to be sure!) LOL

Right now, I am getting more confident with Number 5 but am just one week and one day post procedure so I am in no rush. I am also anxious to hear other Veteran opinions!

Ladies??

hereisnowhy
    Participant

You both are doing great!! Glad to hear it 🙂 Once you are dominating #5, which KatieG07 you are and 23years it sounds like you will be soon, I think you can definitely try to move to #6. Even if you can only get the tip in and just leave it there for a while, then try to push a little more once you relax again. And remember, KEGELS! And lotssss of lube! Distract yourself by doing other things, too; reading a book, watching TV, browsing the internet, talking to your partner, etc. I am not sure if Dr. P would recommend this but if you have some of the lidocaine gel left over, use that with some lube the first few times that you try #6, so it will numb the area a little bit. Once you are able to successfully get #6 in, you’ll be amazed at how easily it starts to go in, I promise! Be kind to yourself, believe in yourself, but don’t be discouraged if you can’t get the #6 in right away. Keep trying, you WILL get there!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.