Patient #200 update! :)

Find support and treatment options from participants and Maze Women’s Health staff.

Home Forums Vaginismus Support Group Vaginismus General Patient #200 update! :)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Allie
    Participant

Hey ladies!

Well today is 22 days post procedure. I am kicking butt with my dilators! Seriously, before treatment my biggest fear is that I wouldn’t be able to use them. I still am amazed that I am able to insert them, with NO pain. I definitely suggest the glass dilators to anyone who will be having treatment soon, sounds scary but they are much more comfortable! I thought I would have to spend 2 hours a day laying in bed dilating, but as I am becoming more comfortable with them I’m a lot more mobile. Haha:) For instance this morning I spent my hour dilating getting dressed for work and also vacuuming. This evening I spent my hour dilating cooking dinner and doing some laundry. Its funny to think back to the first week of treatment and how I seriously could not even move with the dilator in, my hubby even had to help me get dressed! And now its just become a part of my routine, no big deal!

My hubby and I have had penetration several times with light thrusting. We are so pleased with my progress, and I know it will only continue to get better! 🙂

Some of you know that I have had major anxiety issues AFTER treatment, including 3 very severe panic attacks. I have never understood how people struggle with this, but its the scariest thing ever. I find myself angry that I am having to deal with this, especially since I’m conquering my vaginismus and doing amazing. It just doesn’t make since. I am on meds right now and will be for a couple months. Its definitely helping with the anxiety, it just makes me SO tired along with a few other unpleasant side affects. Once my meds level off I should be fine.

I am so thankful that I found Dr P’s website. This procedure along with the dilation therapy has literally saved my life. I no longer feel broken, I feel more like a woman! As I was talking to my counselor about my treatment and Dr Pacik and going on and on about how life changing it was my counselor said something about Dr Pacik that is so true. He said “He doesn’t sound like a doctor, he sounds like a healer.” I will forever be grateful for Dr. Pacik and his entire staff that helped me. Its truly amazing the progress I’ve made in these 22 days.

Heather34
    Participant

CONGRATULATIONS Allie! This is beyond wonderful and I am so, so proud of you and your tremendous success!!!

Nakitalab
    Participant

You rock, Allie! And more than that you inspire me to keep going, to branch out and dilate while doing other things. You have such a great attitude and remind me that attitude is so very important in this healing process. So excited for you!

Allie
    Participant

Thank you both!! 🙂 🙂

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.