Overcoming reflects in every aspect of life

Find support and treatment options from participants and Maze Women’s Health staff.

Home Forums Vaginismus Support Group Vaginismus Success Stories Overcoming reflects in every aspect of life

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Heather34
    Participant

Hi all. One thing that gave me so much encouragement and hope while going through vaginismus was when I read success stories of others who had overcome. This also helped me tremendously while trying to conceive as well. I found that once we overcame vaginismus, similar to the story below, it reflected positively in nearly every aspect of my life. I felt so much happier and had so much more self-confidence. Others who did not know what we had gone through commented to both my husband and I about the changes in our personalities and demeanor and wondered if we went on a great vacation. In the below success story, A overcame vaginismus with the help of the Maze team.

A writes:

“I went to Maze because I had never experienced penetration and had enormous anxieties about intercourse, my body and my attractiveness as a woman. Gynecological exams were painful and I was terrified of having a sexual relationship. I was even too scared to make the first appointment. I had heard about Maze from my doctor and it took me months to gather the courage to call them. It was the best thing I could have ever done for myself. The appointment began with a consultation with the clinical director. I then started with physical treatment to help me get past the pain. The staff worked with me patiently and respectfully at my own pace. I never felt rushed, just always encouraged. They brought me farther on this journey than I ever believed could happen. I am so much healthier now, emotionally and physically, that I can never thank the staff enough. The improvement in my sex life seems to reflect in every aspect of my life. Going to Maze was one of the most important “gifts” I ever gave myself. I will always be grateful for the care that I received there – for the genuine caring and professionalism of the therapists and nurses. The staff and treatment literally changed my life in a way I could never expect.”

Helen Leff, LCSW

So inspiring.It’s wonderful to read success stories.Through my work at Maze I have been privileged to meet so many brave, strong women who are overcoming vaginismus.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.