New publication-Dr. Pacik

Find support and treatment options from participants and Maze Women’s Health staff.

Home Forums Vaginismus Support Group Vaginismus Advocacy New publication-Dr. Pacik

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Dr. Pacik
    Participant

Thank you dr Pacik for everything you do! You are the savior for so many women and couples!

Heather34
    Participant

Hi. Dr. P. Huge, huge CONGRATS on the publication of this extremely important journal article. You have done so much and continue to be such a strong advocate for all women with this condition.

In a wonderful blog titled, “I Have a Dream”, you wrote:

“…I too have dreams. I dream of the day vaginismus is taught in medical school. I dream that one day any doctor that is involved with sexual concerns is properly prepared for this. I dream of the day my patients don’t have to visit with 8-10 GYN’s to get a diagnosis. I dream of the day I no longer read about suicidal thoughts from my patients. I dream that someday everyone will be familiar with vaginismus and that it will be as easy to speak about as erectile dysfunction. I dream that someday my email does not get blocked because the subject line has the word vaginismus, a variant of the word vagina, and gets spammed. I dream that someday we will have an international organization dedicated to the welfare of vaginismus patients. That fund raisers, advocacy programs and public awareness will raise money for continued research in this field and to help those who cannot afford their treatment. I dream of the many children, yet unborn, that will be the pride and joy of their families. It is important to dream. Years ago, during a very busy time in my life taking care of emergencies and surgery in a wide geographic area, my Mom asked “Peter, do you have dreams?” I was stunned by the question. I was unable to answer because I had stopped dreaming. I was too busy. Mom saw that I was uneasy and said “You always have to have dreams”. I now understand how true this is. It is the only way we can accomplish our goals. We have to be able to dream.”

This is an absolutely beautiful blog and with publications such as this, these dreams are coming to fruition!!! Thank you from the bottom of my heart for being such a blessing in my life as well as the lives of so many who are affected by vaginismus and working so hard to make it more known amongst the medical community.

kelseroo
    Participant

Thank you dr Pacik for everything you do! You are the savior for so many women and couples!

Dr. Pacik
    Participant

Thank you for your kind remarks. I’ll plan to link to the full article when it is in print form.

ValentinaD
    Participant

Congratulations Dr Pacik on the publication! 🙂 I really do hope your dream (from the quote) comes true. All it takes is an awesome doctor who’s not afraid to do new things and patients who are willing to be advocates. I hope this article will spread some of the information you have discovered so far in your research. Good luck 😉

Dr. Pacik
    Participant

Thank you for all your kind remarks. The full article is now online and will be published in print shortly.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.