leaking, lubricant problem?

Find support and treatment options from participants and Maze Women’s Health staff.

Home Forums Vaginismus Support Group Daily Questions About Vaginismus leaking, lubricant problem?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Sofi
    Participant

I’m on day 114 post procedure, so it seems kind of late to ask this question, but oh well!

After sex, if I don’t get up right away and go to the bathroom, the semen starts leaking out of me on to the sheets. And by right away, I mean immediately. If I lay there for all of 2 seconds, I end up having to change the sheets. I feel like this happens because of the lubricant that I’m using, that everything just slides out. I suppose relatively speaking it’s better than not being able to have sex, but it also kind of disrupts the moment. Does anyone else have this issue? I use the astro-glide gel.

I also find that throughout the day if i’ve dilated the night before, i have more discharge than usual. Is that part of using so much lubricant?

Heather34
    Participant

Hi Sofi. I thought about your questions. While I have not experienced this, I did, however, have an issue in the past with lubricants. My problem was the opposite though – the dilators would become too dry so I switched to an oil-based lubricant. I think if I was in the same position as you, I would try switching to a different lubricant and experimenting with different ones to see if you receive different results (i.e. less leaking and less discharge). Ladies, do you have any additional insight here???

Mabel1226
    Participant

Heather-What oil-based lubricant do you use? Is it safe with the silicone dilators?

Heather34
    Participant

Hi Mabel. I use the pre-seed lubricant now with intercourse. While I was dilating, I read so many amazing things from the members here about the YES lubricant that I ordered and used this. It was completely safe to use with the silicone dilators and their website even mentions vaginismus on the main page. http://www.yesyesyes.org/vaginismus.htm

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.