Is a chiropractor good for curing pelvic pain?

Find support and treatment options from participants and Maze Women’s Health staff.

Home Forums Vaginismus Support Group Sexual Pain That May Not Be Vaginismus Is a chiropractor good for curing pelvic pain?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Theresa123
    Participant

Hey everyone,

My sister started having pelvic and mid-upper back pain recently. Maybe this due to the stress she had gone through last month. She was having severe work and said she felt misaligned. But she doesn’t know the reason for her pelvic pain .
    I’m planning to take her to a chiropractor to get recovered. I did an online search and found this clinic offering chiropractic treatment. Is a chiropractor good for curing back pain? Does anyone here has approached a chiropractor? It would be great to hear your thoughts.

Thanks in advance!

Hi Theresa 123,

I’m sorry that your sister is having pelvic pain! I would highly recommend that she start by seeing her primary care and/or gynecologist before seeking care from a chiropractor. There are SO many other things that can cause back and/or generalized pelvic pain that need to be evaluated and ruled out (think kidney stones, UTI for example). If it is an “alignment” issue, then possibly a chiropractor or physical therapist could help. However, it’s important to first make sure that a new medical problem is evaluated by a medical professional to start, so that the underlying cause can be properly identified and treated. I hope that helps.
    Jackie

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.