Introduction of my story

Find support and treatment options from participants and Maze Women’s Health staff.

Home Forums Vaginismus Support Group Vaginismus General Introduction of my story

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    lsmith
    Participant

Hello to Everyone. My name is Lisa. I am new to the forum and wanted to share a little about my story. I am a 41 year old mother of two beautiful daughters and also am luck enough to have a very supportive husband. I have always struggled and dealt with painful intercourse. I have been to many doctors over the years, none of which could help or even acknowledge there was anything wrong with me. It has been very disheartening and needless to say a very high anxiety journey. I always knew in my heart that something has been physically wrong with me. Both of my children were born via c-sections. And the conception of those children was VERY painful. I have an extremely high pain tolerance, but for the past few years have not been able to have intercourse at all. My husband has always been my champion. He is always supportive, but also frustrated. We have been married for 20 years. We want the next 20 years to be even better than the last. I am so relieved and lucky to have found Dr. Pacik. I know he can help me!!!! My new life will begin on Sept 25th after the treatment. I have never felt like a real woman, I have always felt BROKEN and like a failure for my husband. I can not wait to let all of you know how things are after the treatment!!!! Thanks for all the stories and support on the forum. 🙂
    Lisa

K Howard
    Participant

Welcome Lisa! Your post is just a reminder that Vaginisum comes in many different shapes and sizes so to speak. It can affect many women (and their families) in so many different ways. I can not wait to hear your success story later this month! I know that you will overcome this and the feeling of being broken will be no more.

Heather34
    Participant

Hi Lisa. Welcome to the forum and thank you so much for your post. HUGE CONGRATS on your upcoming procedure. I understand completely when you describe your struggle with vaginismus as a “high-anxiety journey” as this was the same for my husband and I for so many years when I had vaginismus. I promise you that this procedure will truly be life-changing for you in so many ways and I look very forward to reading more of your posts. Please feel free to ask any questions at all that you may have pre-procedure and know that we are all here to support you!!!

Dr. Pacik
    Participant

I’m touched by your story and will do everything in my power to help you.

Nakitalab
    Participant

Lisa, I totally can relate to you feeling broken and like a failure. I have been married for 31 years, just turned 52 and have suffered with this condition since I was a teenager. Last week I found this website and feel so encouraged by it. I’m so excited that you are able to go through the treatment and will be praying for you. Can’t wait to hear about your progress.

Heather34
    Participant

Hi Lisa. I wanted to wish you well with your upcoming treatment this week. I know you will do GREAT!!!!

lsmith
    Participant

Hello again everbody!! My husband and I arrived in New Hampshire today for my procedure. It went great!!!!! Dr. Pacik and his staff were So kind and very professional. We were made to feel right at home. The procedure itself was very quick and PAINLESS!!!!!! I am recovering in our hotel room with a dilator in place…craziness 🙂 I can’t believe I ever even doubted having this procedure done. Do not hesitate and waste anymore time !!! We will return to Dr. Pacik’s office tomorrow for more counseling. All of the staff went above and beyond their jobs to make what could have been a high anxiety day seem normal. Dr. Pacik takes his time with each of us. We never felt rushed. Dr. Pacik has a very calming demenor. All of the staff were so nice!!!!! Thank you to Jenn, Tracey, and Ellen. These ladies are part of Dr. Pacik’s team. They take such good care of you. Tim who did the anesteshia was awesome!:) I am looking forward to tomorrow and will post again. Wish me luck:)
    Lisa

Heather34
    Participant

Huge CONGRATULATIONS to you Lisa! I am so, so happy for you and know tomorrow will go great as well!!! :):):)

Dr. Pacik
    Participant

Lisa you were a champion today!

Nakitalab
    Participant

So excited for you Lisa! Thank you for sharing. I’m having my treatment in October and can’t wait.

Nakitalab
    Participant

So excited for you Lisa! Thank you for sharing. I’m having my treatment in October and can’t wait.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.