Finding Myself Again

Find support and treatment options from participants and Maze Women’s Health staff.

Home Forums Vaginismus Support Group Vaginismus Success Stories Finding Myself Again

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    galaxygal
    Participant

Yesterday I was able to have intercourse 2 weeks post procedure and I am so excited and happy! I am so close to getting my sex life back to the way it was before vulvodynia and vaginismsus (secondary) took over my intimacy, sex life, and self-esteem two and a half years ago. I was having a lot of success with dilation yesterday so I thought it would be a great time to try things out and to my surprise it was great! I am so happy to be regaining this part of my life, I am getting my self- esteem and libido back! My husband is pretty psyched too! He has been so great and so supportive the past 2 years, I couldn’t have gone through all of this without him. Things still aren’t perfect but they are heading in the right direction. Prior to starting acupuncture and seeing Dr. Pacik for the botox procedure, I was basically running out of options for treatment because I tried almost everything else under the sun and I was losing hope that I would be able to overcome this. I am still in shock that things went so well yesterday. I have to keep stopping myself from thinking negatively, like….maybe it won’t work next time, maybe the pain will come back…..these v-problems just mess with your mind so much, it is hard to overcome all the negative things your mind is trying to tell you. So I am taking it one day at a time and keeping the positive thoughts. Please don’t give up trying to find a solution to your v-problems, there is hope and you can do it! You deserve it!

KP
    Participant

Congratulations galaxygal!

Heather34
    Participant

Huge CONGRATS galaxygal!!!! :):):)

galaxygal
    Participant

Thanks KP and Heather34!!

23years
    Participant

Congratulations! Yes I can personally relate to “the mind games” the Big V plays!

I’m very happy for you! Life is challenging but we CAN overcome!

Dr. Pacik
    Participant

There is so much self doubt among my patients. Everyone is convinced that whatever could go wrong will happen to them. This is the fallout of vaginismus which is common.
    My own experience is that once women reach their goals, and they continue dilating there is very little regression. I can’t even think of a single patient who achieved intercourse and then struggled with vaginismus again.
    The lesson for all our dilating divas is to celebrate your victory and keep working to make it better. With time those annoying self doubts disappear.
    Congratulations on being victorious!

galaxygal
    Participant

Thanks! 🙂

Heather34
    Participant

I love this post and can relate so very much. Vaginismus did a number on my self-esteem and spread to so many areas of my life and after having the Botox procedure and later being able to have intercourse with my hubby, it felt like a huge weight had been lifted. Even co-workers and friends noticed it almost immediately and asked me what the big change was in my life. I also had to replace any negative thoughts with positive ones and would constantly remind myself that “if it worked while in NH, it would work anywhere” and it did – thank God!!! Ladies, what are some positive thoughts you can also think of to replace negative ones?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.