Explaining your condition to a gynocologist

Find support and treatment options from participants and Maze Women’s Health staff.

Home Forums Vaginismus Support Group Vaginismus General Explaining your condition to a gynocologist

Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Author
    elaine0086
    Participant

That is great new Chocolate!!! Sooo excited for you. Im having my treatment on this coming Monday. I thought this week would drag by but honestly I cant believe it we are heading into Friday and we board the plan on Sunday!!! I wish you so much luck and am sending many positive thoughts your way:)

Heather34
    Participant

This is beyond awesome Chocolate and I know the time will go by very fast!!!!! Wooooooh!!!! :):):)

Heather34
    Participant

Hi Chocolate. You wrote “I was able to open a CareCredit account for almost the full amount of the procedure and on very short notice, schedule my procedure for June 24th – one week from Monday! Ugh! Too exciting!”

I wanted to wish you well for your procedure tomorrow and please know that I’m here for you always!!!! Sending hugs!!!!

Chocolate
    Participant

Thank you Heather. Packing today and leaving early AM tomorrow! 🙂 I will try to post updates as I am able. 🙂

Nakitalab
    Participant

Thinking of you, Chocolate. :0)

Chocolate
    Participant

Resting at home and progressing w/ the dilators. 🙂 I was able to get Mr Blue in 1 day post procedure – wasn’t the most enjoyable experience, but I did it! It does a lot for the psyche when you can accomplish something like that before the botox has really had time to work. 🙂
    I’ve got to say, I really love these glass ones!
    Anyone out there, “lurking”, (you know who you are!) I highly recommend seeking treatment from Dr Pacik if you have vaginismus. You are in good hands with the good doctor and his staff. 🙂

Dr. Pacik
    Participant

Thanks for posting chocolate. We had quite the group on Monday. Everyone was able to advance to the largest #6 of 6 dilators the day after treatment and progressive dilation under anesthesia. What victories! One of our patients had vaginismus for 30 years and she too was a champion (see post http://www.vaginismusmd.com/vaginismus-md-forum/?mingleforumaction=viewtopic&t=563)
    It was an amazing group of women that empowered everyone present.

Nakitalab
    Participant

So happy for you Chocolate! I have been thinking of you all week. It truly does feel so wonderful to know that we can insert Blue in when all of these years nothing else could! And like you I totally love the Glass Dilators. Again, congratulations and so very happy for you!!!

Heather34
    Participant

HUGE CONGRATS Chocolate. I’m so, so happy for you!!!!! :):):):)

Alyx
    Participant

Hi Chocolate,

I had a doctor to prescribe me Valium too. I hated it. Another one told me to have a cigar and a glass of wine – Note: I don’t drink or smoke??? Granted I have yet to get my pap smear, but my gyno did understand the diagnosis. However, my primary care physician did not she’s the one who sent me to the gyno… I also know that feeling of having to re-explain everything… it sucks. Having to tell the tech’s who are supposed to take your weight and blood pressure why you’re there. I try to be discrete but they look at me as if I have 3 eyes. Nonetheless, I gave my primary care a copy of Dr. Pacik’s book. Seriously, I printed it out – three whole punched it and then put it in a binder. Seems like a lot of work, but I must say I’ve never had to explain anything about it ever since. I hope this helps.

rachel
    Participant

I cannot believe some of the stories I hear about doctors and their response to women with vaginismus! I think that it is amazing that you have taken the step to educate professionals and if we all did this-what a change this would bring! I think that as surviours of this terribke condition we all now have a responsibility to spread the word and educate professionals so that other women don’t have to be greeted by professionals the way we were!

Even just printing out information or offering to talk with professionals about your experience of vaginismus will help a great deal. I still think we should purchase some bands or a necklace to support women that are still suffering.

We need to rid the professional world of words like “just relax” “frigid” and stupid suggestions like smoke a cigar!!!! I would like to give that professional a piece of my mind! Every woman has the right to go to her doctors and get the correct advice and the correct treatment and care. I had a woman the other day tell me that her doctor said that she was hysterical..just like his wife!

Things really do need to change and sadly we need to start pushing to bring about the change that is needed.

Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.