Dr. Pacik presents at the 2013 annual meeting of the American Urogynecologic Society, Las Vegas, NV

Find support and treatment options from participants and Maze Women’s Health staff.

Home Forums Vaginismus Support Group Vaginismus Advocacy Dr. Pacik presents at the 2013 annual meeting of the American Urogynecologic Society, Las Vegas, NV

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Dr. Pacik
    Participant

I am very pleased to let our members know that the presentation went very well. The podium presentation was delivered to about 1200 Urogynecologists who attended this meeting. This was a unique presentation to the audience in that most of the lectures involved incontinence problems and female pelvic pathology. Mine was the only presentation involving vaginismus. There was considerable enthusiasm as noted by the questions following the lecture which continued into the coffee break. Of note is that the editor of one of the journals invited me to write a review article. Another doctor invited me to help conduct an instructional course at next years 2014 meeting. All good!

The lecture which was titled:
    Treatment of vaginismus with onabotulinumtoxinA: results from a pilot study
    The data and long term follow up from the 2010 FDA approved pilot study involving 31 vaginismus patients using the Botox program showed a 97% success rate with no adverse events (complications) nor any need to repeat the Botox injections in patients at least one year follow up. The presentation reviewed an understanding of vaginismus as well as vaginismus treatment.

All of us have worked hard to make vaginismus better known. Vaginismus is a condition that should be no different than other conditions that we struggle with. Vaginismus needs to be understood and proper treatment needs to be delivered.
    I prepared long and hard for this lecture. To know that more doctors are now informed about this condition is indeed a breakthrough.
    This morning I will be conducting a one hour roundtable breakfast for doctors who are interested in learning more about treating vaginismus.

Dr. Pacik
    Participant

clinicaltrials.gov

For those who would like to read more about the FDA approved pilot study using Botox to treat vaginismus, I refer you to the following link
    http://clinicaltrials.gov/show/NCT01352546

Heather34
    Participant
    Quote:
    Quote from Dr. Pacik on October 19, 2013, 07:33
    I am very pleased to let our members know that the presentation went very well. The podium presentation was delivered to about 1200 Urogynecologists who attended this meeting. This was a unique presentation to the audience in that most of the lectures involved incontinence problems and female pelvic pathology. Mine was the only presentation involving vaginismus. There was considerable enthusiasm as noted by the questions following the lecture which continued into the coffee break. Of note is that the editor of one of the journals invited me to write a review article. Another doctor invited me to help conduct an instructional course at next years 2014 meeting. All good! Vaginismus needs to be understood and proper treatment needs to be delivered. I prepared long and hard for this lecture. To know that more doctors are now informed about this condition is indeed a breakthrough. This morning I will be conducting a one hour roundtable breakfast for doctors who are interested in learning more about treating vaginismus.

This is absolutely EXCELLENT news Dr. Pacik! Thank you so much for being such a strong advocate for women with vaginismus. The work you are doing is incredible and you are changing lives in countless ways!!!!

Dr. Pacik
    Participant

More good happenings: The breakfast went very well with lots of enthusiasm and good questions. One hour was far too short!
    Since then I have also been invited to write a book chapter in collaboration with a GYN doctor. I think clinicians are finally realizing there is a condition called vaginismus.

The not so good: I am way behind in my emails!

Heather34
    Participant
    Quote:
    Quote from Dr. Pacik on October 21, 2013, 21:29
    More good happenings: The breakfast went very well with lots of enthusiasm and good questions. One hour was far too short!
    Since then I have also been invited to write a book chapter in collaboration with a GYN doctor. I think clinicians are finally realizing there is a condition called vaginismus.

This is wonderful and excellent news! I look forward to reading the book chapter once completed. Thank you so, so much for being such an amazing advocate for all women with vaginismus and for working tirelessly to spread the word to clinicians worldwide.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.